Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1 Android Phablets Launched Following CES 2014

Taking the phablet phenomena a step forward, Sony has launched two new smartphones in its popular Xperia series with Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1. Both the phones cum tablets feature Google's Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) operating system and have separate Dual-SIM versions too. The tech giant has not declared the prices of these phones or the availability details as of now. At the launch, Sony has listed the technical specifications and features highlights of these phablets and they are quite impressive. Let us take a look at them one by one.

The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra features a 6-inch HD TRILUMINOS display with X-Reality for mobile picture engine. It has a resolution of 720 x 1080 pixels and features 16,777,216-colour TFT screen. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.4GHz Quad Core processor, the Xperia T2 Ultra sports a 13 megapixel camera with Exmor RS sensor and a 1.1MP front facing camera with Exmor R technology. The rear camera supports HD video recording (at 1080p), pulsed LED flash, auto focus, Burst mode and 16x digital zoom. The phone supports Background defocus, Sweep Panorama, Collage, Timeshift burst and the selfie-friendly Portrait Retouch.

Sony-Xperia-T2-Ultra

The memory on the phone is a 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory with microSD card that extends it up to 32 GB (SDXC supported). On the connectivity front, the phone supports - 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA), aGPS, Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology, USB tethering, NFC, USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support, Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality. The phone has a 3,000 mAh battery that offers talktime up to 1440 minutes and standby time up to 1071 hours. Take a look at a video about Xperia T2 Ultra here -

Now coming to - the Sony Xperia E1 features. We have a 4-inch WVGA TFT display with 800 x 480 pixels resolution. Powered by a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8210 dual-core processor with with 512MB RAM, 4GB storage, 32GB microSD card support. There's a 3 megapixel camera on the rear and on the music front, it has a Walkman key, shake to shuffle and hardware controls for controlling audio tracks. Available in white, black and purple colours, the Xperia E1 features key technologies like a 100Db speaker and ClearAudio+ mode and xLOUD for louder and enhanced sound output.The music-centric smartphone comes pre-loaded with a 30 day pass for Sony Entertainment Network content store.

Sony-Xperia-E1-Launch

"Xperia E1 combines the best of Sony's audio technologies with a premium design and great hardware to create a smartphone for people who want to express themselves out loud," Calum MacDougall, director of Xperia marketing at Sony Mobile Communications, said in a statement. "It's a new, music focused player in our Xperia lineup that is underpinned by the best of Sony's design, display and content offers." About Xperia T2 Ultra, he said, "Xperia T2 Ultra will lead the category through its combination of advanced display and camera technologies, it will bring large-screen entertainment in an amazingly portable form factor, and it will do it all whilst providing incredible value for money."

How do you like the features and specs of the new Xperia phones in town? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is an update - Promotional videos for Sony Xperia E1 and E1 Dual are now out too -

Those who care about taking a look at the over-all look and feel of the phablet should definitely check it out.
    The video for Xperia E1 Dual is almost the same.
  • Nirmal Parwate
    Nirmal Parwate
    Xperia E1 is just a downgraded version of Xperia M... check the specs and you will get it!! If Sony wants to sell E1 in large volumes the pricing must be right coz M costs 12.5K and its an excellent phone...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: alina nishat *Engineering Trade: BE ECE Location: karimnagar *Occupation: student *Hobbies & Interests: surfing on net about scientific stuffs and learning new creative things. *Aim in life: To earn...
Computer Science students know the importance of algorithms and the variety of them are out there that you and I haven't implemented or read about. Could anyone here discuss the...
I am Jasna,studying BTech final semester under CUSATuniversity in College Of Engineering kottarakkara(CEK). I am now looking for jobs. I have two sisters and they are got married and stayed...
Hello, I am currently doing B.Tech in Computer Science, 4th year (final sem). I want to know how I can start for my CAT preparations that is for CAT 2014...
Lava Mobiles has got us something that we can look forward to this weekend. The company has announced that it will be launching its new smartphone in a brand new...