Sony Xperia i1 Teaser Assures September 4th Launch And Purple Awesomeness!

The first official Sony Xperia i1 (earlier codenamed Honami) teaser image is out on Chinese website #-Link-Snipped-# (which later was plucked up by the Xperia blog), and all it reveals is the launch date and launch place- 4th September at IFA 2013, Berlin. Oh yes, also the rich purple is upping the appeal factor. Squint your eyes a little harder towards the image and you may see a power button along with the volume controller. The power button shares its design with the existing Xperia smartphone family, and no more revelations have been made in regards to this.

Sony_Honami_press_teaser_leak
On the specs front, we know that the Honami packs in a 5" 1080 HD touchscreen, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU clocked at 2.2GHz and 2GB RAM expandable upto 16GB. There are rumors suggesting a Sony G-lens 20-megapixel camera capable of shooting 4K video on this phone, but we have no evidence to support this. But if this rumor is indeed found to be true, Honami would be a smartphone sporting one of the best cameras ever.

Similar to the recent top-end Sony Xperia phones, Honami shall be completely water and dust resistant. Nothing has been speculated about the price so far, but we expect that bracket to be something over Rs. 40,000. Let's just wait and see as this smartphone rises to be the next flagship in the Xperia range. This promising teaser has totally puffed up our feisty enthu.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Aftee launching its made "sony xperia z" sony had been planing to retain its position in mobile arena.Do you think if this phone will be priced over 40k would it be received well?
    Or Sony just overprice it due to their brand name?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I have an intuition that this brand too will just flow down in the stream like other ones. 40k+ is a bit overpriced i think. Lumia 1020 owns here.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The online leaks are suggesting rumored specifications of Sony Honami that include 5 inches screen size with triluminous display. It has got support for X reality engine and has display resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is going to be powered by 2.2 Ghz quad core processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After releasing the 'All Access' a Google’s Music streaming service in US (in May) and in Australia / New Zealand (in July) and getting a moderate success, Google is all...
People from northern hemisphere, please ( for gods sake) don't miss the shower. Its one of the largest meteor shower. Yes, you might have to move away from city lights...
Google Chrome isn't as secure as you would think. The recently exposed security flaw in the web browser has given the Google users a lot to talk about. It has...
Recently, astronomers observed a blue moving planet using Hubble Space Telescope. Now, NASA has discovered a large new planet, colored a deep magenta and just 57 light years from earth....
scp -r testuser@10.0.5.215:/home/testuser/tmp/hello.txt /home/elcot/hello.txtI've used the above command to copy the file located at the server:10.0.5.215, location: /tmp/hello.txt username: testuser to my local machine local-username: elcot.... Could anyone help me...