Sony A5100 Camera Is Ultra-Portable And Its Features Ultra Impressive

Sony Electronics has launched a new ultra-portable camera called the α5100 (model ILCE-5100) which is ultra-lightweight and packs inside it superior image capturing capabilities. Being promoted as the speedy camera, the Sony A5100 comes with the Fast Hybrid AF system, which is the same as the one seen in Sony α6000 cam. The all new α5100 can acquire focus in just 0.07 seconds - that's something that the wild-life photographers among us would love to take note of. Apart from that, the 24.3 MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor and a powerful BIONZ X processor makes it a worthy competitor for its segment. Priced at $550, the α5100 compact interchangeable lens camera will start selling in September 2014 in two colors - black and white. Those who want to combine this camera with a versatile 16-50mm motorized zoom lens, can do so for a total price of $700.

Being able to capture still images with incredible detail as well as Full HD videos with sharp focus is every photography enthusiast's dream. With Sony α5100, not only do you get to achieve all that, but the camera itself is an extremely compact device and therefore something that you can carry around with pride (its fits right in your palm), thanks to its light design and interchangeable lenses. We couldn't agree more when Neal Manowitz from Sony shared the camera was powerful enough to satisfy the experienced DSLR shooters, yet wasn't very intimidating for the casual weekend photographers among us.

sony-a5100-camera-2

sony-a5100-camera-3 sony-a5100-camera-5 sony-a5100-camera-4 sony-a5100-camera-1
Let's take a look at some of the highlighted features in Sony A5100. Along with an extremely wide autofocus coverage area (179 focal points), the camera features a high-precision contrast-detection AF. Additionally, the Sony boasts about its extremely responsive touch 921k dot WhiteMagic LCD screen. The screen rotates a full 180 degrees upright, so that users can captures selfies on the go.

Equipped with Eye AF and Lock-on AF functions that debuted in the α7/ α7R, a Flexible Spot AF area function, and AF-A mode (automatic switching between AF-C and AF-S), the Sony a5100 excels in its own range of cameras from the company. If you talk of video recording, we note that the tech specs sheet of the Sony A5100 camera lists the full HD video shooting in AVCHD as well as the XAVC S2codec (very few cameras mirrorless or DSLR offer this), which records video at 50 Mbps and comes with advanced compression. Moreover, thanks to dual video recording, users can simultaneously record two files – one in Full HD and the other in lower resolution MP4 format to a single installed SD card. The Sony α5100 camera features built-in Wi-Fi and NFC supports.

That pretty much sums up the different features and specs of the all new Sony A5100 camera. Those who are looking for accessories, can check out the LCS-EBD body case, available in 3 color variations as well as the portable RM-SPR1 remote.

What are your thoughts on the new mirrorless Sony a5100 camera that's being called the world's smallest? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I would suggest to skip this and get Camera RX100 III, smaller sensor but truly pocket camera and 180 "selfie" screen
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Impressive.
    However, it is the brain sitting behind the viewfinder that takes the picture.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    A.V.Ramani
    Impressive.
    However, it is the brain sitting behind the viewfinder that takes the picture.
    But for selfie.. there is evolved monkey in front of camera 😘😘😘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anoop Kumar
    But for selfie.. there is evolved monkey in front of camera 😘😘😘
    With a selfie you can't blame the photographer, so you can blame the camera for a poor shot.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Friends, I am Jayasanker. R, working as Civil Engineer in Qatar. Hope all are fine. Recently joined in this community thinking that I will get new ideas and news...
I am a ECE student.I am preparing for GATE 2015. I have dropped out last year and scored only 40 marks in after doing self study. But this year I...
Hi CEans am planning to buy a smartphone under 10k .I searched for months but the thing is not all specs satisfies within a single phone ! if one phone...
Arvind Sanjeev, Chief Inventor and Founder of A.R.S. Devices, has developed 'Smart Cap'an augmented reality head-mounted display that works just like Google Glass, for less than $75 or Rs 4,500...
The success of the Chromebook had been kind of a wake-up call for manufacturers to develop portable computers at a lower cost. Tech consultancy Gartner said that Chromebook sales will...