Somethng related to age calculations......!!!

um... Wen a human or any living thng dies v find its death age by carbon dating..... What if a person is alive bt he doesnt knw his age no proof whatsoever.... How do v find his age.... I read bout bone formations bt den it would be like huge appeoximation..... So..... Jus temme a solution...

okay... Guys for starters im no engineer im in 12th bt i saw dis siteee its amazzing nd i get dese doubts.... Whch i want to clear... Dats y.....

Replies

• Gautami Shetty
    Gautami Shetty
    guys d discipline is fake cuz odawise im nt allowed to make an account sorrieee
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gautami shetty
    guys d discipline is fake cuz odawise im nt allowed to make an account sorrieee
    Don't worry; you should have chosen biomedical or any other branch of engineering of your choice. I'll tag #-Link-Snipped-# , who might know the answer.

PS: Please avoid SMS language while posting on CE; it might be a little difficult in the beginning, but you will soon get used to it 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Since a living organism is continuously exchanging carbon with the atmosphere, the C-14 t0 C-12 ratio will be that of the atmosphere. This means that radio carbon dating cannot be applied to living organisms. In a dead organism the ratio changes because there is no exchange with the surroundings. So knowing the decay rate and the current ratio the date of (death) of the organism can be established.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Some techniques have been developed by biologists using carbon dating of old brain cells or a more cumbersome way of tooth enamel layer analysis carbon dating for establishing age of living humans. Accuracy is doubtful. It may not be legally valid also.
    Please see the discussion here:
    QotW - 10.04.25 - Can you carbon-date a human being? | Naked Science Forum
  • Gautami Shetty
    Gautami Shetty
    thank you so much sir.. U have been of great help my doubts have been cleared 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ok roger that... And i am confused which stream to choose.. Electronics was just a hunch
okay... This is a doubt i had last year i mean in 11th Wenever my uncle calls me and we chat der is a time lag.... About 2-3 secs he...
does an electron have dimensions??? An electron has mass What about volume?? And its density
okay. Nw an atom has its radius... So it has volume otherwise its density would be infinite.. Now volume is the total space occupied bt atom is mostly empty So...
does kinetic energy have any upper limit its lower limit would be zero but what about upper limit??