Some tips for Hunt for Best Engineering Project Contestants

Though I am not getting time lately to engage with the community, I thought to put some hints and suggestions for students who are making their videos
1) First write a script. It's important to have script in your contest video.
2) Add a bit of drama ( passion, emotion) into your presentation
3) Don't create the video "only for judges". Ask yourself if you were a regular youtube visitor, would your video be helpful?
4) Shoot from multiple angles. If you are giving demo, shoot from different angles using different mobiles/ camera simultaneously.
5) If you are explaining about some concepts, rather than plain slide put some images. If you are standing against a white background, utilize college projector, have some images going at background.
6) Edit. Edit Edit. ( you may use something as simple as Windows Live Movie maker). Make the video more short and sweet. You don't have to pull length to 10 minutes. From my experience users closes all videos after say about 3 minutes. Try to pitch in good points at the begining.
7) Try to use voice over. Once the video is recorded, record your voice according to video. You may not be perfect, but you can try to.
8) Finally do not miss any points that makes your video stand out. Utilize youtube's annotation facility.

Finally, all the best and hope is see some knock out technical punches.
I would also like to wish good luck to CE team. It is going to be one helluva time for you guys. Hope you have ample of coffe stocked up.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks for your valuable suggestions. šŸ‘
  • Dhananjay Gupta
    Dhananjay Gupta
    nice one

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You might have came across this question on internet. Sharing here for possible explanation. Actual Question paper: I have the answer for the question. I will give the answer later....
Microsoft Mobile has upgraded its flagship- Lumia series by launching new dual SIM smartphone called ā€˜Lumia 540ā€™. Like Samsung's Galaxy portfolio, the company is moving further up the ladder by...
Poland-based OGLEā€™s (Optical Gravitational Lensing Experiment) Warsaw Telescope is placed at the Las Campanas Observatory in Chile. The 1.3 m earthbound Telescope examines the space for finding undiscovered planets of...
Encouraging tooth brushing habits in kids is a hard job. Even if you somehow coax them into brushing their teeth twice a day, you arenā€™t particularly sure if they are...
Law enforcement and cyber firms across the world joined hands to take down a notorious botnet that had managed to infect 770,000 computers across the world. The botnet titled Simda...