Some questions related with CUBES

Three mutually adjacent faces of a cube are painted in pink, one pair of faces is painted in black and the remaining faces is painted in violet. The cube is then cut into 216 smaller but identical cubes..

1) How many of smaller cubes have all three colors of them ?
2) How many of the smaller cubes have only pink and black color of them ?
3) How many of the smaller cubes have exactly two colors of them ?
4) How many of the smaller cubes have exactly two painted surfaces and two different colors ?
5) How many of the smaller cubes have exactly one color of them ?
6) How many of the smaller cubes have exactly one painted surface and exactly one color ?
7) How many of the smaller cubes do not have pink color of them ?
8) How many of the smaller cubes have black or violet but not pink color of them ?
๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Hey guys any answer ?????
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    for 3 faces answer is 8. For 0 faces painted (n-2). For 1 face 6(n-2)^2.For 2 faces 12(n-2)^3. where n=6 i.e cube root of 216.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    can you give explanation ?
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    For explanation it would take a very long time.Also i cant explain here since I cant draw any figure out here and show how it comes..It would be quite difficult to explain here.. These are the direclty derived formulae
  • Hussanal Faroke
    Hussanal Faroke
    answer for qstn 1: 2
    only one violet face and its adjascent faces are 2 pink and two black, so the cubes having all three colors are two of the corner cubes of violet, ie answer for Qn 1:2
  • Hussanal Faroke
    Hussanal Faroke
    i will back to ur qstns later!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

there is some problem in writing a cd while i try to make a cd for my lappy ...........it varify this all data but problem in write it
Can we do 16 bit multiplication on 8 bit microprocessor ?
in North America there are few places where 110 volt power is standard for residential and many commercial users. The rest of the world seems to have settled on 220...
Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge...
Source: Email from ThoughtWorks - After the overwhelming success of first 'vodQA' we bring you the next 'vodQA - THE TESTING SPIRIT!' - a platform for our peers in the...