Somalian Pirates

I hope everyone knows about many ships, including one recent Indian ship, that was hijacked by Somalian pirates. I had been watching Pirates of Caribbean triology recently and pirates seemed interesting to me but I didn't know these people are actually monsters! ๐Ÿ˜€
On their come-back to India, the crew revealed their bitter experiences of those 64 painful days. Isn't that another threat cropping up?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ya, piracy has become one big problem again. This demands serious attention and steps should be taken immediately. Given that most of the world's cargo travels by sea, it's evident that shipping is a multi billion dollar operation and also piracy seems to be very lucrative. Indian navy made a very good move by sinking the pirate vessel and being an example to how piracy must be handled.
  • aashima
    aashima
    In a recent operation by Indian officers, around 23 somalian pirates along with few others were nabbed while successfully rescuing a vessel from being captured. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    GREAT!! piracy is limited to some prone waters around the world and secondly pirates lack good ammuninations and ships and they are more interested to steal!!!,as for somalia its a war torn country anything is possible there!!!
  • aashima
    aashima
    sauravgoswami
    as for somalia its a war torn country anything is possible there!!!
    Thats true! People of Somalia are too bad in situations that the pirates once quoted "Arrest us. We'll be more happy to live in European jails than leading a life of this kind. Atleast we'll be sure of three meals a day!"
    Mahn! Thats awful.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Thats what i mean,somalia needs to be adopted!!! and just provide basic neccessaties and they themselves will make there country beautifull!!!!
  • aashima
    aashima
    sauravgoswami
    Thats what i mean,somalia needs to be adopted!!! and just provide basic neccessaties and they themselves will make there country beautifull!!!!
    Provide?? ๐Ÿ˜
    Who is gonna do that? As for us, we ourselves need lot of basic necessities as approx. half of our country lives below poverty line. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, the root issue IS basic necessities, in societies all over the world. Im pretty sure this is being repeated many times, but people like engineers CAN make a difference to society.

If IEEE, the worlds largest engineering group, could be a strong governing body.. things would drastically change in this world. For the better perhaps?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i salute to the great people in this community. i like to do a project combining with a student who is doing computer science engineering 3rd year and myself...
Sir, I am Abhishek Bansal, 3rd semester student of electrical engineering studying in NIT Durgapur. I am intrested in doing a summer project in some institute. I dont know the...
can any 1 plz...provide me the information about zombie computers
I have some equipment that uses a voltage power adapter that has the following rating: Input: 120V ~/60 Hz /120mA /14W Output: 20V ~/200mA 11V ~/800mA This equipment was procured...
I wish to know how many of our members are from Mumbai. Of course, I know the regular ones. So if you are from Mumbai or can come to Mumbai...