SOLAR PANELS for my home

i am looking to install a solar panels on the roof of my house. i live in Delhi and have around 60 yards space on my roof .
I want to know the feasibility of installing the panels(complete with batteries to partially provide electricity to my house).
Obviously dont have huge budget, but want to try if its feasible.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The area is enough and it is pricy But you can surely do it

Delhi location is still a challenge as the effect of haze and mist plays a dominant role in the winters

I can't guarantee that the same op can be got from the solar panel through out the year
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, its certainly not feasible without some sort of subsidy.

However, you can start small first to set up a P.V system to just power a few devices (e.g your computer). Later when P.V cell costs go down, you can expand on your current system.

You can check this link out for ideas, ranging from small scale to large scale:
    Solar Photovoltaic Projects
  • sahilmohindroo
    sahilmohindroo
    i understand i cannot replace my whole power supply, but i was thinking i can send its output of panels to my inverter's battery (as the inverter is connected to only few selected devices). and then i can also add another batry to the inverter to increase back up

What i want to know is what else apart from panels and battery would i require , so that the system automatically uses the power from the battries instead of the main supply, and then switch back if battery drains out
  • Deepak Waghmare
    Deepak Waghmare
    You can use solar hybrid inverters along with the net metering policy of electricity board (if there is any in Delhi for net metering) so it will reduce the battery costing & for Residential purpose the central govt. is giving 30% subsidy over its bench mark price....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Friends You might have seen on facebook, some one posting this message copy paste this square and see what appears , see attached I was wondering what is the...
https://www.techradar.com/news/phone...ime-pie-release-date-news-and-rumours-1091500 Hey can you guys put more light here I think this new version looks more promising and never like the previous version of OS Waiting more comments here
I completed my btech in electronics and communication. I would like to do a short term course. So what is the best short term course?????
Hi guys....i just wanna ask some ideas for my Final Year Project..i plan to do my project based on Augmented Reality or QR codes or NFC and i also have...
I Tried searching for information on CDAC here on CE, but couldn't find one which can solve all my queries of CDAC. So, here's some questions : - In which...