Solar Electric Efficiency Record Claimed

Quote:
Solar energy researchers at an Australian university have converted over 40% of the sunlight hitting a solar system into electricity, said to be the highest efficiency reported to date.

The record efficiency was achieved in outdoor tests in Sydney before being independently confirmed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory at its outdoor test facility in the U.S.

The work at the University of New South Wales was funded by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency and supported by the Australia-U.S. Institute for Advanced Photovoltaics.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Sam Marsden and his team of fellow engineering students want to break the sub-1000 cc world record with a bike of their own design. Sam Marsden’s dyslexia is so...
If you are one of the tens of thousands of people from India waiting for an invite to buy the OnePlus via Amazon.in; this update is probably the most important...
The plan and tariff for JioFibre, the ultra-high speed (100 Mbps) broadband service Reliance has been leaked. Just a few days ago, I wrote about the Reliance Jio broadband plans...
Hi friends, Do you know that there are certain villages in India,where there is a half a day power supply.My college is situated in that kind of village.A man who...
Hello CEans, I am 2nd year btech ECE student. I want to know what are the different types of projects can be made before going for placement. So that i...