Softbank President & CEO Nikesh Arora On His 850 Crore Salary & Indian Startups

He calls it India's Startup Party. Nikesh Arora is an Electrical Engineer from IIT BHU (Varanasi) of the batch of 1989. He also holds a degree from Boston College and an MBA from Northeastern University. He joined Google in 2004 where he held multiple senior operating leadership roles.

He was Senior Vice President and Chief Business Officer of Google Inc from 2011 to 2014.
Today he is the president and CEO of Softbank Corp.

In this interview with NDTV, he said, "There is a big party going on for start-ups, but some will wake up with a hangover." He talks about his Rs. 850-Crore Salary and how he has invested in a number of Indian start-ups including Snapdeal, OYO Rooms, Ola Cabs and Housing.com.

Excerpt here:

Watch complete video on NDTV here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Looking forward to read your opinions on what he has to say.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Working with foreign clients? Travelling solo to a new country? Translator apps are a big boon. While Google Translate has been dominating for years for any of your translation needs,...
I always have mentioned that, just because an OS has major market share in desktop, it ain't good. It's just million people are stupid as fuck. And, I will keep...
Born and brought up in Bangalore, Srinath Sudarshan hails from a middle class family with no business background. He has completed his graduation in automobile engineering from Malnad College of...
i am saikrishna..new to this community... i have some business idea's in my mind... i want to start one of them so any buddy interested please reply me.......And also i...
India's Department of Telecommunications recently shared a report that says Facebook's Internet.org initiative does not comply with the Net Neutrality principle. The DoT report suggests that the app provides the...