Soalr powered Toilet from Colorado 'Varsity to debut in India

Quote:
A revolutionary University of Colorado Boulder toilet fueled by the sun that is being developed to help some of the 2.5 billion people around the world lacking safe and sustainable sanitation will be unveiled in India this month.
Endquote

The Gates foundation seems to have opened the flood gates of toilet innovation:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Void Runner
    Void Runner
    So it's like an incinerator or autoclave? Interesting concept. I wonder if it can be further developed to also help in producing biogas. Though, waterless? Germs are likely not a problem given the temperatures they are shooting for, but particulate impurities will likely remain. There would be risks of clogging and...in extreme cases, corrosion. However, at the end of the day, water is still necessary for....one thing.... 😛

On a more serious note: 700W means this thing will get HOT and will contribute to thermal mass problem inside structures. At best it can be used as public toilet, it is not a viable solution for homes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Chain slapping is one of the most annoying thing for every mountain biker. Until now, using a chain guide was one of the suggested methods to avoid chain 'slapping' the...
Hey, I think this year's elections are really historic. It's time we all get involved and I am a developer on an SMS app platform called txtWeb and they've issued...
At the National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society, a new kind of color-coded smart tags were presented that can tell if the perishable products inside containers are...
Among the many telepresence robots out there, rounding off an iRobot Ava 500 could be smart move for the sole reason that it's autonomous. Once your corporate jungle is mapped...
#include #include char name[] = "aadit"; int main(void) { printf("%d\n",sizeof(name) ); } Why is the output 6?