So what do you think about crore+ salaries offered by FB and Google to fresh grads?

It's raining money at IIT campuses. Facebook and Google have been offering Rs. 1 Cr+ salaries to graduate students at IIT campuses. Of course these salaries are being offered in USD [which turn out to be 60x greater when converted to INR]. The average placement offers at IITs range in the Rs. 10-12 L range.

Top talent from India is being snatched by foreign firms. Do you think Indian government should do something or would it be an exercise in futility?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    People are getting very good salaries which is just awesome. Yesterday a friend shared a link where in a girl from my hometown got 75laks offer from google. (IIT).

Its good to see all those great things and i am so happy that our fellow indians are getting recognized!!

Now, lets talk about how do we stop it?

I think the best way should be, again its just what I think.

If a guy like me (average) is thinking about starting my own company and planning for it, these people IIT guys can do a far better job. So i think we need to have the start up culture or start up kind of aware ness for these people.

Govt should provide resources for cheaper prices. And if this happens successfully , I am sure atleast 50% will stay back.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If based in India the IT (income tax that is) will get 30 lakhs of that. Benzes and Harleys will get sold. Not a bad thing perhaps.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    If based in India the IT (income tax that is) will get 30 lakhs of that. Benzes and Harleys will get sold. Not a bad thing perhaps.
    I think they'll be asked to join the US office. But even if they send back a few thousand bucks every month - the family will be more than happy.
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Only IT/Software people are getting hefty packages.

For other core branches like mechanical, metallurgy or chemical, I haven't seen more then 6-7 lacs being given here except some PPO by ITC Limited and its 5th day into placements.

One thing I really liked is trend is now changing by offering more salaries to graduate students which wasn't the case in earlier times. Normally it is 1-2 Lacs more than B.Tech Students but one company was offering nearly double.
  • Jayaram Reddy
    Jayaram Reddy
    May be non-IItians / less knowledgeable may get chance in India....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If those students have rejected the high salaries, what's the relation with the companies being Foreign multinationals or Government organisations? They would've left either of them. Or am I missing something here?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    They should take the job, get some experience, say 5-6 years, then come back and
    start their own companies,
    They will be having knowledge (technical as well as how things work in a company), they will also be having enough finances to give it a great shot. 😎
    That's just my view, theirs may differ.😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engine:- Type 4 - stroke, SOHC - 4V - Liquid Cooled, single cylinder Displacement 199.5 cc Combustion system Triple spark Max Power 23.52 @ 9500 (Ps @ RPM) Max Torque...
The all-new Samsung Gear Circle headset has arrived in India at a price of Rs. 5,599. Designed to be hung around your neck, the Gear Circle is the new wearable...
I just wanted to ask that during our typing on the editor of any IDE ,we are always prompted for errors whenever we try to make some syntactical mistakes or...
Hi, Does any body knows how to extract old historical twitter data. Via Twitter Api all I can get is recent one week last old data. But I want old...
This year Motorola Mobility introduced two second generation smartphones in their MOTO line-up. After a flagship MOTO X and budget phone MOTO G, it is time to upgrade the low...