So, is Alibaba taking over Flipkart?

Indian ecommerce is an interesting industry. It's skyrocketed in the recent times, with no profit making strategy and by burning investor's money. Yeah - almost all of the e commerce companies in India are making loss on every transaction. How do these companies stay relevant in the longer run? No one knows! There will have to be a time when the companies will have to stand on their own feet!

What I've been hearing now is that Alibaba is looking to acquire Flipkart; a major stake in it; if not the controlling one. Flipkart's currently valued at $15 billion; which I think is way more than what it's worth.

Acquisition or a major stake in Flipkart will give Alibaba a stronger position against threat from Jeff Bezos' Amazon which ain't got any scarcity of cash.

What do you think? Alibaba's entry will make the game more interesting?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are two main differences between Kris Kowal's Q and $q: 1. $q is integrated with the $rootScope.Scope Scope model observation mechanism in angular, which means faster propagation of resolution...
Friends, i want to go in communication sector and i choose E&TC engineering. its right or wrong give please advice
Your personal information doesn’t stand threatened any longer. Credits cards and passports will not leak it out. You won’t have to fear being hacked at any sudden instant of your...
A group of scientists from the University of Arkansas has developed an artificial material that is said to have a structure similar to that of Graphene. Instead of Carbon, the...
I would like to restrict the access of fingerprint when the person is sleeping or unconscious. Is it possible to do?