SmartNaMo - Smartphone Dedicated To Narendra Modi

SmartNaMo is an upcoming smartphone dedicated to the Gujarat Chief Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi. Before you read further, be alert that this information is based on reporting done by mainstream digital media in India and the website smartnamo.com. We've our own doubts this phone will ever be made; but if it's not a prank or some joke, SmartNaMo will be launched in India with a price tag ranging from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 16000. The official (?) website renders the photo of this mobile as follows -

smartnamoโ€‹

Specs wise, the phone looks pretty solid. It will come in a variety of 1GB to 2GB memory coupled with 16-64 GB storage capacities. Each of these models will be powered by a 1.5 GHz MT6589 Turbo Chipset. The phone will have a rear 13MP camera and no information has been made available about the front facing camera which we can see in the photo. The display resolution is not known but it's going to be 5" Corning Glass 2. The phone will run on latest version of Android, Android 4.2.

Other than this information, the website says that the makers of the phone are independent supporters of Narendra Modi, popularly known as "Na Mo" in the social media websites. The team is in the mobile making business in China and says that Na Mo will also stand for 'Next Generation Android Mobile Odyssey". The product is their dedication & respect to the Mr. Modi. The website also claims that they aren't linked to Mr. Modi in any other way.

ToI reports that the company is already working on 'Shri Narendra Modi Signature Edition' phone. Mr. Ammeet Desai, spokesperson of the company said that the idea originated from Chinese phones where several models are named after the popular leaders.

Once the primary design of the phone is complete, the team expects to get an 'OK' from Mr. Modi himself. The price of the phone will be Rs. 16,000 and will ship with videos of Mr. Modi. The team also plans to include a few dedicated apps on Modi. What's even more surprising is that the team plans to sell the phones at manufacturing costs - making no profits from the sales. Another device in the pipeline is the budget phone version of SmartNamo, which will be made available only for Rs. 1000.

Do you think SmartNaMo is indeed a great idea and should be launched in Indian markets? What do you think about the specs, features & price?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    This sounds weird ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    This sounds weird ๐Ÿ˜’
    It sounds perfect, I think ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    And that's how you fight election. I don't think they are independent fan body. Anyways it's an awesome tactic. Go Modi!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Why is Mr. Narendra Modi considered a great inspiration with reference to smart technology here? ๐Ÿ˜จ Why not select some other national hero of the past - like Mahatma Gandhi? ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Sanoj Rajan
    Sanoj Rajan
    I hope this gets launched before the assembly polls !!
    Else the Election commission is going to have a field day !! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    There are lot of other names that they may use for Smart Phone. Seems this guys wants to start something new and they picked up NaMo !

I am looking forward to see Biggie Smart Phone. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, the latest reports suggest that the phone was a hoax. Meh!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello my dear friends, I am thinking of buying new scooter. I want such thing which pull some descent power out of it and has no serious care for mileage....
Researchers at MIT have shown that it is possible to introduce false memories into the mind, and they have done so by using the brains of mice to successfully arouse...
Hello everybody, I want information regarding piping engineering sector, courses in this area for mechanical engineers and institutes which offers those courses. I know some institutes like IPEBS , MIT...
Well we know that the mechanical power type writers had some ancient gear and ball mechanism which is quite old fashioned and precise Now our challenge is to convert this...
is it true that an i5 laptop supports only original windows 8?? like on other processors(dual core) people use pirated copy of windows, can't we use it on an i5...