Small wall constructed around the tree

Dear All,
Very good morning.
1 year ago, in one temple we build a small wall around Peepal tree with granite stones, cement and did Plasting as well(3 feet thickness & 4 feet height) , and put Lord shiva lingam on that and every day we are praying our God. But right now, the wall is getting scratches. Can any body suggest me, how can I protect that wall without scratches?

Best regards

Raghava.

Replies

• KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    @ SYVV Raghavulu - Isn't the wall thickness is 3 ft??
    Anyhow I cant get ur question. isn't scratch or crack.
    If it is scratches then no need to worry, do stone polishing or any other suitable polish. It will clear the scratches and give a new look.
    If it is a crack, then we need to think about the crack thick, root cause etc.
  • SYVV Raghavulu
    SYVV Raghavulu
    Hi KSS manian, thank you for your reply. The wall thickness is 3 feet. It is scratches on the sides of wall, like usually we can see on new constructed walls, but scratches are thicker in size. But there is no scratches on the top of wall, which we have covered with polish stones. Can you please suggest for this scratches? And one more thing is that, the wall is around Peepal tree. Usually the roots of any tree will damage the surrounding wall, may I right? For that, can you suggest any permanent solution?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Raghava.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Can you explain, How the scratches formed, and how much depth and width? I hope there is no intrusion of invasive root in this problem.
    We can prevent invasive root intruding the structure by physically and chemically. Best method is chemical treatment which arrest the growth. Using Copper Sulphate. But I don't know how it react with tree.
  • SYVV Raghavulu
    SYVV Raghavulu
    Dear KSS Manian,
    How do you do?
    Sorry for my late reply, as I went to South Africa for my office assignment. Now I came back to India. Here I am sharing photographs, supporting for my above questions. Requesting your valuable suggestion, so that the tree roots and heat due to oil lamps, will not disturb this wall.

Thanks in advance,
    Raghava.
  • SYVV Raghavulu
    SYVV Raghavulu
    Dear KSS Manian,

How are you? can you please give me your advise for my above query? I have already attached photos for your reference. This wall is 1 year ago, in one temple we build a small wall around Peepal tree with granite stones, cement and did Plasting as well(3 feet thickness & 4 feet height).

Regards
    Raghava.
  • SYVV Raghavulu
    SYVV Raghavulu
    In my previous mail, i have already explained that, in hindu region temples like lord shiva temple, around a peepal tree we build this wall and put lord shiva lingvam on that. Every body use to pray and doing abhisekhams with water & Milk etc.. And use to light oil lamps during festivals like Shiva ratri etc.. Might be due to lamps and tree roots, it is getting damage. please suggest me how can we protect it?

thanks in advance.
    Raghava.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    About half a century back the LIC building on the then Mount Road, Madras caught fire. Repairs to the structure was done by a process called guniting. I do not know if this is suitable for your case or how expensive it is.
    Here is some more info:
    WHAT IS GUNITING? - CivilBlog.Org

Shotcrete and Gunite | CIVIL ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION- When Quality Leads Value Breeds and The World Heeds.

Incidentally those are major structural cracks not scratches. Why not leave the wall alone and put up a granite slab supported by two steel or granite pillars in front on which the lingam and the nandi can be kept?
  • SYVV Raghavulu
    SYVV Raghavulu
    Dear Sir,
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    But the Shiva lingam is already put there since long with all formalities.
    So, could you please suggest me, how to protect wall from cracks? The root cause is due to tree roots, and heat due to oil lighting lamps during any festivals.
    I hope you have already seen my attached pictures.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Regards
    Raghava.

A.V.Ramani
    About half a century back the LIC building on the then Mount Road, Madras caught fire. Repairs to the structure was done by a process called guniting. I do not know if this is suitable for your case or how expensive it is.
    Here is some more info:
    WHAT IS GUNITING? - CivilBlog.Org

Shotcrete and Gunite | CIVIL ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION- When Quality Leads Value Breeds and The World Heeds.

Incidentally those are major structural cracks not scratches. Why not leave the wall alone and put up a granite slab supported by two steel or granite pillars in front on which the lingam and the nandi can be kept?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The heat from the lamp is too small and too far to initiate cracks. If the space between the wall and the tree was filled with soil new roots can form. I suggest that this soil along with roots be removed to prevent future continuing damage.
    You may look at these links:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

I have used FOSROC systems for wear resistant flooring.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Another:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Improving the speed of computing has been a challenging task taken up by researchers all over the worlds. A duo from Northeastern University has developed a series of devices that...
Read latest comment by @Aditya Deshmukh in article : https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...-out-within-weeks-in-india.73555/#post-308778 about dedicated core for special features like camera, natural lang processing etc. I would like to know, what it does...
Nine years back, Akshai Varde started the company called 'Vardenchi Motorcycles' with a team of 3 and Rs. 2 Lakhs in funds. His passionate attempt at the remodeling bikes business...
[HASHTAG]#NaMo[/HASHTAG] has launched e-Nagar project in Gujarat. The project begins with setting up high-speed wireless hotspots at about 8 locations in Ahmedabad. The project will then expand to creating Wi-Fi...
Last year we’ve heard about Google Inc. is working on modular phone kits inspired from “Phonbloks” named “Project Ara”. Google is developing this modular phone with their Motorola mobility division....