SLMMSK iOS App Lets You Ruin Your Selfie

Yes, you read that right, a free app for your Apple iOS device that lets you ruin your self-portrait aka selfie. In a time when companies like Nokia are developing apps that make your selfie more #-Link-Snipped-# and are even rumoured to launch a Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone with a 5MP front camera, a couple of iOS developers have put an interesting spin on the rising phenomenon that managed to find a place in prestigious dictionaries. Glitché Ltd’s new iOS app SLMMSK hails itself as the first real-time anti-selfie app that tracks your face in real time and applies filters that obscure your face in funny ways. The filter list ranges from VHS-style timestamp to grainy CCTV footage and from colour shifting to inversion.

Image 1 Image 2

We can expect secret service personnel and spies to love this app (pun intended) as it can hide their identity quite well with filters like a black censor bar over the eyes and for complete face concealment you can use emojies and pixilation. The developers have curiously added social sharing options like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to this app. We think this will spread the message of anti-selfie movement quite well. While we could not comprehend their intentions clearly because #-Link-Snipped-# was in Cyrillic, the folks over at #-Link-Snipped-# think that it a clever opinion on the society that has been plagued by snooping.

Image 3 Image 4

We however would like our readers to try out this app and provide their reviews in the comment section below.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I would love to test it if it was also available on Android platform.
    But I vote 5 starts for lateral thinking .
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I would love to test it if it was also available on Android platform.
    But I vote 5 starts for lateral thinking .
    The website states that the Android version in on its way.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am running a blog and a forum of same niche. I have already applied following:- a) Weekly/Quarterly Newsletter b) Comment Reply Notification c) Facebook Fan page d) Google+...
While saving report in HTML format,i want to make it password protected for security reason using java.(Don't want to use JavaScript ) Can you give me the solution for this...
Quote SABIC, Kringlan Composites and other industry partners are working to further advance the development of the world’s first thermoplastic composite wheel. This ground breaking innovation leverages SABIC’s proprietary ULTEM...
Just got my betacoin for mailbox app, developed by Dropbox guys. The beta coin allows you beta access to the upcoming mailbox app meant for OSX / Mac machines. I...
Life's Good, aka LG electronics will announce two mid-range Android phones at the IFA event in Germany - LG L Bello and LG L Fino. While we love the names...