Skype 5.0 For iPhone Update Is Windows UI Look-alike And Features Better Performance

Microsoft recently rolled out an update to Skype for iPhone app. This update comes with a notable change in the interface, tweaks in its messaging and group chat options and a huge performance enhancement. As you start using the new updated Skype for iPhone, the UI will look very similar to the Windows Phone. The previous versions of Skype for iPhone were customized to give the look and feel of iOS apps but Skype 5.0 is a lookalike of its #-Link-Snipped-# and Skype - Apps on Google Play.

skype5_0_for_iphone1 skype5_0_for_iphone2

In terms of performance, compared to the previous version, Skype 5.0 feels noticeably snappier right from launching the app to loading recent chats. The update also comes with smoother navigation as the major sections listed at the top can be changed with a simple swipe. According to The Verge, the subtle animations, parallax effect and smooth scrolling all imporve the Skype for iPhone experience making it even better than its Windows Phone equivalent. Group chats can now be initiated from the mobile app itself. For frequent users this might be considered the best feature as this was not present in the previous version.

With this update one thing I've noticed is that the Skype team is trying to unify the Skype experience across the different platforms. We can expect the same interface in the new iPad version which will be launched soon according to #-Link-Snipped-#. According to the comments on the official blog and the App Store, the app seems to be missing some features like ability to delete a conversation but surely there are also many praises which might make it one of the best updates for the iPhone so far.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Via: Skype 5.0 brings a taste of Windows Phone to iOS - The Verge | iTunes: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My childhood memories would be incomplete without those annoying events of my bike's chain falling off the gears whenever I was late for the school. I believe most of you...
India's ambitious Mars Orbiter Mission is currently on track and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that the second Trajectory Correction Maneuver aka TCM-2 has been successfully performed....
Facebook Messenger for iOS received a major update in its latest version. Apart from the usual bug fixes and new stickers, it now has the features for "instant video sending"...
Hi, I am a Soft Skill Trainer and a Resume Writer. I had 7 yrs experience as a HR in a Multinational Company. If any one is looking for Soft...
Dears, All of us know that chemical reaction between calcium oxide (quicklime) with water will produce heat energy strongly by the following equation: Cao + H2O = Ca(OH)2 -> releases...