Skoda Rapid Ultima Special Edition Launched - Features, Specs & Price Out

Skoda India has launched a special edition of Skoda Rapid Ultima and it has started selling through the company's dealerships from 1st of March, 2014. The sedan will available for a limited time, and the news does not come as a surprise as Skoda had given us clues about their plans of introducing limited edition's of their cars in this year. As we take a look at the feature and specs of the new variant, we find that not much has been changed on the exterior, but the interior features a lot of good stuff. Available in two variants - diesel and petrol across Ambition Plus and Elegance trims, let us dig deeper into the specs list for the new Skoda Rapid Ultima.

On the exterior, there's a decal stretching from the hood over the roof, across the shoulder line and goes to the boot. There's not much difference in the looks to differentiate it from the current models. Whereas on the interior, there is facility of Garmin and Tom-Tom navigation and Bluetooth connectivity to telephone. There's the now common multi-information display and support for audio controls of the steering wheel. Equipped with parking sensors and 7-spoke mag alloy wheels, the Skoda Rapid Ultima brings projector lens headlamps, a rear view camera and leather seat covers along with Ultima floor mats and door sill moldings.

Skoda_Rapid_Ultima

Sporting Skoda's new logo, the Rapid Ultima special edition's tech specs speak of the Petrol variant delivering the maximum power of 77kW (105PS) at 5250 rpm with maximum torque of 200 NM at 153-3800 rpm, whereas the Diesel variant maximum power of 77kW (105PS) at 4400 rpm with max torque of 250 NM at 1500-2500 rpm. Following is the price chart for the new Skoda Rapid Ultima -
  1. 1.6 MPI MT Ambition Plus - Rs. 833,156/-
  2. 1.6 MPI AT Ambition Plus - Rs. 930,915/-
  3. 1.6 MPI MT Elegance - Rs. 895,355/-
  4. 1.6 MPI AT Elegance - Rs. 991,920/-
  5. 1.6 TDI Ambition Plus - Rs. 940,788/-
  6. 1.6 TDI Elegance - Rs. 997,661/-
Among the Financial offers to choose from, the new Skoda Rapid Ultima brings up to 100% finance, low EMI of Rs 9999, Insurance at Rs 1, an exchange bonus of Rs 15,000 and corporate benefit of Rs 10,000. That pretty much sums up all the details for the new limited edition Skoda Rapid Ultima. What are your thoughts on the new wheels in India? Share with us in comments below.

Source: Skoda Rapid Ultima special edition India price Rs. 8.3 lakhs (Ex-Showroom New Delhi)

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Have a look at the comparison chart for Honda CITY and Skoda Rapid;

I do not think CITY beats the Rapid at many line items, but the price is 1.5 lakh more than Rapid.

With launch of Rapid Ultima Special Edition that has all the ultra modern features of GPS, steering wheel options, ABS and everything a high end car has than the deal looks impressive. What do you think?

CITY VS Rapid
  • Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Good analysis.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Honda definitely has an edge over rapid interms of reputation.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Rajni Jain
    Have a look at the comparison chart for Honda CITY and Skoda Rapid;

I do not think CITY beats the Rapid at many line items, but the price is 1.5 lakh more than Rapid.

With launch of Rapid Ultima Special Edition that has all the ultra modern features of GPS, steering wheel options, ABS and everything a high end car has than the deal looks impressive. What do you think?

CITY VS Rapid

Honda City is undoubtedly the winner as far as luxury is concerned but, the Ground Clearance is the major factor which lets us down . Higher GC help us to sail smoothly in uneven road. the GC of Honda City is 160 mm whereas Skoda has 168 mm .These figures are taken in unladen condition i.e. with no passengers & less Fuel hence actual figure will be less than quoted. Now when we talk about indian road vehicle with less GC will damage the chasis / Underbelly of the car & Honda cars have been poor on it.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Vikram S Bargah
    Honda City is undoubtedly the winner as far as luxury is concerned but, the Ground Clearance is the major factor which lets us down . Higher GC help us to sail smoothly in uneven road. the GC of Honda City is 160 mm whereas Skoda has 168 mm .These figures are taken in unladen condition i.e. with no passengers & less Fuel hence actual figure will be less than quoted. Now when we talk about indian road vehicle with less GC will damage the chasis / Underbelly of the car & Honda cars have been poor on it.
    Max Power and Max Torque can not be ignored, right?
    And Skoda wins in both the things, you already mentioned about GC.

The article itself is about Rapid Ultima limited edition luxury specs. Then in which area you are marking CITY better than Rapid?

Probably Branding??? If Yes, Then I agree.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Rajni Jain
    And Skoda wins in both the things, you already mentioned about GC.

The article itself is about Rapid Ultima limited edition luxury specs. Then in which area you are marking CITY better than Rapid?

Probably Branding??? If Yes, Then I agree.
    there has been great demand of honda cars since its launch as compared to skoda ones. Its because of its (BRAND Value + Luxury) which comes with it. but with the increase in market competition they should look into other matters too.

PS: Honda CIVIC is my fav. 😀
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Rajni Jain
    Depends on what are you considering. For 0-100Kmph speed test, it does make a difference. However, for long runs gear ratio (6 in City compared to 5 in Rapid) will have a significant edge.

And the price difference can be accounted for by rear-view camera, sunroof, central locking and leather upholstery in City.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After dual sim phones stopped being cool, it's the time for smartphones with dual operating system. Karbonn mobile, which is currently the fourth largest company in the handset market, has...
This premium quality paper developed by prominent paper making company named Fedrigoni claims to soon replace the existing leather exterior of the Leica X2 Premium range Cameras. This paper is...
The pro gadget information leaker @evleaks has again outed a news and this time it's about Samsung’s new Chromebook which seems to be its target. According to a report in...
today i saw an induction motor which is connected in delta/star connection to the supply (written on nameplate).generally i have seen nameplates with star/delta. can anyone explain what is the...
upgradation of designations to the members is a fantastic idea & encouraging one .. really the design of this forum is amazing & u feel every moment as if u...