Skill Set for Electronics Engineer

I just found the attached file on web which is considered as the skill set for a electronics engineer after finding I was shocked because I never heard almost all the things in that except some which I used during my college. Is this skill set necessary and if it is how can I achieve this?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not sure if the skill-set is for a fresh graduate. You don't have to acquire all the skills in one go; but many would be acquired over a period of time as you join work-force. That said, you can definitely pick up few of the skills on your own. #-Link-Snipped-# may tell you which skills you'd need as a fresh graduate.
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not sure if the skill-set is for a fresh graduate. You don't have to acquire all the skills in one go; but many would be acquired over a period of time as you join work-force. That said, you can definitely pick up few of the skills on your own. #-Link-Snipped-# may tell you which skills you'd need as a fresh graduate.

Thank you so much
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please reply me
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DivyaSep
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please reply me
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-#,
    I check the skill mentioned in that image I don't think you are need all of them at all to get job as a fresher.
    Skill depends on the domain you are looking forward to join.
    For example if you are looking forward for embedded domain you will need good knowledge of Basic Electronics, C, C++, Basics of Microcontroller.
    If for PCB Designing side then some tools you should know for PCB Designing like Eagle,Altium, Ki-CAD etc
    If for VLSI domain then knowledge of basic digital electronics and VHDL kind of language.
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    Harshad Italiya
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-#,
    I check the skill mentioned in that image I don't think you are need all of them at all to get job as a fresher.
    Skill depends on the domain you are looking forward to join.
    For example if you are looking forward for embedded domain you will need good knowledge of Basic Electronics, C, C++, Basics of Microcontroller.
    If for PCB Designing side then some tools you should know for PCB Designing like Eagle,Altium, Ki-CAD etc
    If for VLSI domain then knowledge of basic digital electronics and VHDL kind of language.

I am confused between VLSI and Embedded. I prefer VLSI but I have heard that VLSI have less scopes in INDIA. Is it so?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DivyaSep
    I am confused between VLSI and Embedded. I prefer VLSI but I have heard that VLSI have less scopes in INDIA. Is it so?
    It's not like that all. But if you compare both field then yeah compare to Embedded company there is less number of companies for VLSI.
    But hopefully as a result of Make In India there will be few more big company planning for their VLSI unit in India.
    Also I heard some news about some company is also going to start their Chip Design Units in Gujarat.
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    Harshad Italiya
    It's not like that all. But if you compare both field then yeah compare to Embedded company there is less number of companies for VLSI.
    But hopefully as a result of Make In India there will be few more big company planning for their VLSI unit in India.
    Also I heard some news about some company is also going to start their Chip Design Units in Gujarat.
    VlSI is always my preference. Now I am thinking for a PG I came to know about CDAC but I dont have much details about it. Can you suggest me whether I should go for it or not?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DivyaSep
    VlSI is always my preference. Now I am thinking for a PG I came to know about CDAC but I dont have much details about it. Can you suggest me whether I should go for it or not?
    I am also not having concrete information on that but we have some threads dedicated for CDAC result and all. But some people I know who have done VLSI special course from CDAC-PUNE you may like to dig some more information on that.
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    Can you suggest me someone who can help me to know details about CDAC?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DivyaSep
    Can you suggest me someone who can help me to know details about CDAC?
    I would say start a separate thread for the same then you might get proper response there. Some people I know but they are not in touch from long time.
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    Harshad Italiya
    I would say start a separate thread for the same then you might get proper response there. Some people I know but they are not in touch from long time.

Thank You I will do that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I did one month summer internship in amrapali group in the month of june,2014. I wanted to do internship because of exposure to site work. My cousin brother...
How the crank shaft connected to the fly wheel i mean how it will transforms oscillatory motoins from piston to rotary motion of crannk shaft plz give the brief explanation?
Self-Tying shoes are here. Next will be self walking ones. So you can be sitting in the couch eating fast food even faster, while your shoe goes about walking. One...
3D printed food may not be all that far off. No more calling Domino Pizza. Download the app and print your own. https://worldindustrialreporter.com/...d-to-impact-food-manufacturing/?adsrc_=promo4
Quote:A man with age related macular degeneration has become the first person with the condition to receive an implant to restore his sight. Ray Flynn, 80, had the Argus II...