simulation of a processor

hi friends i faced a problem that is in the simulation of a processor my task is to print the purpose of each and every word and characters i mean
printf("hi is nani");
in the above code it is a line of c program which is the input file to my program
in that i want to explain as
printf - it is used to print the statement between the quotations
( - opening brace
" - quotation mark
) - closing brace
like that my output would be.
but i am facing the problem at tokenizing the sentence in the line there is no delimiter between 'printf' and '('(opening brace) then how could i do that
thanks in advance waiting for ur replies

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Raviteja.g
    hi friends i faced a problem that is in the simulation of a processor my task is to print the purpose of each and every word and characters i mean
    printf("hi is nani");
    in the above code it is a line of c program which is the input file to my program
    in that i want to explain as

like that my output would be.
    but i am facing the problem at tokenizing the sentence in the line there is no delimiter between 'printf' and '('(opening brace) then how could i do that
    thanks in advance waiting for ur replies
    Sorry Raviteja, but i could not get you that why you need a delimiter to tokenize only printf and (. Is there any boundations that you have to do so only? Will your input file always consist of printf type statements followed by ( ?

If you can be more generic to your requirement, may be we can be of some help to you. 😀
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    the input file to mu program is a [dot]c file.
    so it would definitely contain printf statements followed by ( .
    and my program is to design a program which gives the output explaining each and every word with special characters included.
    my program will be as follows:
    import java.io.*;
    import java.util.*;
    import java.lang.*;
    class cp
    {
    static StringTokenizer st;
    public static void main(String args[])throws IOException
    {
    File f1=new File("input.dat");
    FileReader fr=new FileReader(f1);
    BufferedReader br=new BufferedReader(fr);
    File f2=new File("con.txt");
    FileReader fr1=new FileReader(f2);
    BufferedReader br1=new BufferedReader(fr1);
    String s[]={"#include","main","{","int",";","}"};
    int i=0,j,p=0;
    String a[ ]=new String [100];
    String b[ ]=new String [100];
    String c[ ]=new String [100];
    do
    {
    a=br.readLine();
    i++;
    }while(a[i-1]!=null);
    for(j=0;j<(i-1);j++)
    {
    st =new StringTokenizer(a[j]);
    while(st.hasMoreTokens())
    {
    b[p]=st.nextToken( );
    p++;
    }
    }
    i=0;
    do
    {
    c=br1.readLine();
    i++;
    }while(c[i-1]!=null);
    for(i=0;i {
    for(j=0;j<6;j++)
    {
    if(b.equals(s[j]))
    {
    System.out.println(c[j]);
    if(j==3)
    System.out.println(b[i+1]+" is a integer variable");
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

and the input file is
    #include
    main {
    int a ;
    printf("hi is nani");
    }
    the above wouldn't work with files more than three lines u can understand that and my problem is tokenizing the instruction line to strings for which delimiters are required
    i think u can understand now

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys, I have a problem with my quicktime and i am unable to export my files to the matlab format.( 8-bit (indexed or grayscale),16-bit grayscale or 24-bit (TrueColor) )....
CEans, This is how a 'Crazy' Engineer folds a t-shirt. Awesome Video - [youtube]fZKKrUXjzDY[/youtube] What do you say? Do you have better ideas?
😁 This is Adam Smith. I am a Computer Engineering Graduate from America.
Hi, I am making a robotics project. I am using shape memory alloy wires in place of motors. I need help with the electronics part as I have no idea...
​CEans, CE has associated with VNIT's Aarohi - Central India's Biggest Youth Cultural Event. 😀 Head over to Aarohi's official website: AAROHI 09 - Home More to follow soon!