Should TV Reporters 'Risk' Their Lives To Bring Us News?

I'm reminded of the 26/11 attack on Mumbai, India by terrorists. All the news reporters were trying to go as close as possible and bring us no important news. After some time, I thought these reporters were laying down on street unnecessarily just to show us that they were 'risking' their lives and create sensation to attract more eye-balls.

This may not really apply to war correspondents who are specially trained to report from the war-field.

In any case, do you think TV reporters should risk their lives to bring us the news?

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    I think this depends on their professionalism. Their job is to bring news, now it depends on their dedication.....till what extent they can go, or what the situation demands. I mean if bringing a news worth their life, then its their professional duty to do that.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    it's a much tougher job than it seems........ like Barkha Dutt gave a great coverage in Libya where even sound of firing was easily being heard..............
    a nice reference:- no one killed jessica 😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    in my view they are too dedicated to their work and almost neglecting their life for us
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In my opinion, they only create an 'illusion' of risking their lives. During the 9/11 attack all reporters were kept a long distance by the police, yet they'd show as if they were directly at the gunpoint.

PS: War correspondents are exception to this.
  • buzzparas
    buzzparas
    we are living in a society where different people have different job roles defined/preferred/opted.
    the defense part is solely an best example, these people live far away from their home just to let people sleep peacefully.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    As for 26/11 incident the reporters were hopeless. They gave away the positions and strategy of our brave soldiers just to increase their T.R.P is it good?
    The terrorists could see on T.V the directions from where the soldiers were attacking. All this is hopeless.
    The reporters however ' risking their lives' is unacceptable to society. They should be responsible and should commit themseves to show true and sensible 'truths' to society.
    But sometimes keeping mum is also essential.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad: Which among the 3 cities is better if you are planning for a career in the IT industry ?? Any suggestions plzz ?
1. define free electrons & valence electrons ( i waana details abt tat ) 2. in p-n junction theory , holes are moving or not .. dis s my evergreen...
my transcend 8gb pendrive when connected to the pc gets detected but does'nt get formatted and is not working. when i tried to format it it shows CAPACITY: 883gb (only...
ClubHACK magazine is the First Indian Hacking magazine. It focuses on hardcore hacking and security. What's imp is that it is e-magazine and free!! The latest issue covers following topics:-...
Whenever you go to market and ask for a part made of alloy (which of course cannot be made by melting and adding to each other) what does the shop-keeper...