Should there be award for excellence in Engineering?

Pardon my ignorance if there are awards for what I'm talking about.

We have Oscars for movies, Grammy for music and now I'm thinking why aren't there any major awards for excellence in Engineering?

Do you think there should be an award for engineers?

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yes when there is nobel for scientists, and golden globe,oscars for the entertainment sector there should be an award to appreciate good engineers.. it will make them feel good and also motivate them to bring in more innovations ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    There is already nobel prize for contribution in science or Technology.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    "scientists invent and engineers innovate"
    lets not treat them alike here
    and why not have a award for the most innovative person(or engineer) ๐Ÿ˜
  • gohm
    gohm
    Some engineering groups/associations do have awards and offer recognition. Looks like you are looking for a global level. We could do that!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're going to do that anyway. I wonder why the modern creators of the world aren't don't have an award yet.

Do you think it will help in promoting engineering as a career and more engineers turning into creators/innovators?
  • lal
    lal
    I think it would be a good idea to have awards for engineers.

Do you think it will help in promoting engineering as a career and more engineers turning into creators/innovators?
    Even now, I think, the number is not less. But awards can make it better. Because its a chance to make history!๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    We're going to do that anyway. I wonder why the modern creators of the world aren't don't have an award yet.

Great Idea Biggie!

Sure, it will be helpful to promote Engineering in the global level.
  • ise
    ise
    Engineering is such a broad field that it makes it extremely difficult to have one single award like Oscar (unless, they come up with an equivalent of Nobel prizes).

However, there are some prestigious awards like The Turing award in computer science. In India, Bhatnagar prize is fairly known. Similarly, in most countries, a fraction of the highest civilian awards are allocated to engineers.

For younger students, contests like programming olympics are great.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    I don't want to comment about national things. But i have strongly recommending for award for best mod. best helpful CE. & this is done by online voting only by CEans. This is done at most once in six months.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need help creating a Gui that can optimize traffic signal timings for a set of traffic lights at the intersection of two roads. The goal is to minimize the...
hi i'm student of EEE(2'nd year)๐Ÿ˜€, i would like to do some projects..i don't have any idea on which topic i can do ma project๐Ÿ˜•.. i don't have that much...
Hello CEans, I want tutorials for deform 2d & 3d. ๐Ÿ˜”
hay anybody would help in coding "testing pin of mouse" i want to test pins of mouse through c programming.:shock:
i'm doing a design about photodiode 4um x 0.8um using sentaurus tcad software with linux as an interface. i have the coding and result should get. but i dont know...