Should IITJEE become subjective ?

Earlier IITJEE paper used to be subjective and the paper was all about solving problems and applications of concepts. Nowadays i hear professors saying that IITJEE is becoming more focused on time management and speed and general level of questions is going down. So should IITJEE be made subjective to make it more engineering and science inclined?

Replies

• circularsquare
    circularsquare
    My dear friend , there are plans to scrap IIT-JEE from 2013 onwards. Most unfortunate.
    Since it is going to die a violent bureaucratic death, there is no question of any objectivity or subjectivity.
    Dead beings stay dead.
  • mjpankaj
    mjpankaj
    No guys if IIT JEE is made subjective students appearing will lose their most of the exam time in writing explanation for the procedure.....when we solve a problem more then 40 % of it is done in mind and if it is subjective paper u have to write that down wasting the time.....
  • Sanket0731
    Sanket0731
    objective pattern is better because its comfortable for both students and teachers....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I read a news item two days ago, that states that IIT-B has suggested that the JEE-Advanced should include a subjective test in the second stage of the exam from next year.
    Admissions for IITs will be determined by a JEE (Main) for all candidates followed by a JEE (Advanced) for the top 1.5 lakh candidates drawn from the first test.
    The paper will have objective-type multiple-choice questions. There will be one main paper (30 percent) and one advanced paper (30 percent) for each subject. Students will sit for the main paper in the morning and advanced in the afternoon. Psychometry experts will help in setting the paper.

If this news is true, I would like to know what is the opinion of JEE aspirants. Do you think this gives the students a fair chance at admission?
  • LJ1996
    LJ1996
    IIT JEE Aspirant 2014: - At one side it gives the examiner the clear understanding of what the student knows and how he or she applies that knowledge but the fact is that we need to know what answer comes out to be finally and that is what is required and can be derived through various ways so it is helpful for saving a lot of precious correction time of the teachers and writing time of the students but also it is ambiguous whether an answer is by fluck or by knowledge. Each part has its own ups and downs. Rather JEE should opt for sections and have one objective paper and another subjective paper, getting the full idea of the student. Also one option can be first giving out the objective paper, asking the student to apply knowledge and tick the correct answer. After this paper is taken from the candidate he/she should be given a subjective paper with the same questions and asked to solve it by methods. Then a verification can be done checking every question of what a candidate has used in every question. This can be time consuming but yet effective.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi ,, how are u doing ,,, i am new to HFSS and i am finding some difficulty in dealing with it and i have to submit a ready design...
Upcoming blogging platform Posterous has been acquired by Twitter - world's biggest micro-blogging platform. Posterous broke out the news through their blog and said that the posterous team is joining...
There's a black spot in power point 2007. Even after uninstalling the office 2007 and installing new office 2007 it's still there, but if i install office 2003 there no...
The International Football Association Board (IFAB)seems to be trying out electronic ways of determining whether or not a goal was scored. Two companies, Hawk-Eye and GoalRef have been shortlisted. Hawk-Eye...
Recently the IBPS PO exams for 19 banks were conducted.I had attended the same and not to mention was disqualified also.Since disqualified i never bothered to see the individual subject...