Should Business Lobbying be legalized to reduce black money?

Lobbying is in simple terms the art of influencing an entity to turn it into your favour. This entiny may refer to corporates, governments, politicians or policies of a country.

For a detailed idea read this: #-Link-Snipped-#

Now my question is "Will legalising of Business Lobbying help to reduce corruption in a country and hence the black money?"

Open discussion. I will add my points later.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I did write an article about this topic in a local newspaper back in January. Since many people believed that if Modi comes to power, we will see trucks filled with black money loaded on Indian shores (super rajnikanth style), many people look disappointed when nothing seemed to happen in first few months. And I thought that's why such articles were appearing in the newspapers.

So if I understand lobbying correctly - it's the practice where businessmen fund political parties to convert their black money into white money, and upon getting elected, these politicians return the favour in the form of policies for the businessman.

Just one question, Does legalizing lobbying imply that the already super powerful businessmen become more & more powerful to run the nation with the policies that suit their needs?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    Just one question, Does legalizing lobbying imply that the already super powerful businessmen become more & more powerful to run the nation with the policies that suit their needs?
    Yes you could say that. But atleast things would have an account in India rather than turning into black money elsewhere
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Yes you could say that. But atleast things would have an account in India rather than turning into black money elsewhere
    Also implying that fewer corruption possibilities occur. Now lobbying does take place indirectly under alias names (eg: FICCI, CII, etc)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Would love to hear more thoughts on this. Anyone?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : We are introducing a new aluminum-based hydrogen generation system that uses aluminum, water and sodium hydroxide solution as its fuel. This reaction produces hydrogen at...
Project Abstract / Summary : In ordinary solar panels, the intensity of sunlight falling on the surface of panel is varying throughout the day and is not up to the...
Project Abstract / Summary : India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disaster on account of its unique geo-climatic conditions.Floods,droughts,cyclone,earthquake and landslides have been a reccurent phenomena.About 60% of the...
Project Abstract / Summary : Assistive devices are one of the most revolutionized aspects in wearable technology for electronic applications, as they contain the potential to aid people with physical...
The Indian mobile manufacturer, Intex is on a launching spree this month. After unveiling Aqua X, Aqua Power HD, Aqua 5X and Aqua 3G Star this month, the company has...