Sharp's Night Vision CCTV Camera Records Colors Even In Total Darkness

Sharp has introduced a new night vision CCTV camera that can record colors even in total darkness! You no longer have to rely on the scary green videos captured by the traditional night vision cameras. Sharp claims that it's industry's first ever Infrared color night-vision camera that does the job at Zero Lux illumination (total darkness). The camera is capable of 720p video (1280x720 pixel resolution) at 30 fps (frames per second). Sharp says that the camera will be marked to the corporate customers and security system makers.

The camera relies on the technology developed by Sharp and National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology aka AIST back in 2011. The single sensor system uses only one CCD chip allowing the camera to be very compact in size. The camera supports HD-SDI output, which means existing your existing CCTV camera with this new one from Sharp is possible.

Sharp-Night-Vision-CCTV-Camera

The embedded footage (from 2011) shows the camera in action, capturing color video in total darkness. Sharp believes that apart from the industry, the camera will be ideal for monitoring patients in hospitals. Check out the video and share your views with us through comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Suman Kumar Jha
    Suman Kumar Jha
    Is it available in market........what about the price
  • lal
    lal
    Impressive! Super Impressive! Regenerating colour out of no-where!

This, I believe, is a step which would lead to further innovations and inventions!

A red coloured object reflects every colour except red in the spectrum when white light falls on it. And, thus we see it red. Now, this, what gets absorbed and what gets reflected! 😁 You can say Infrared to both (I guess). And the minute variations in contrast are processed to regenrate the subjects' colours!
  • Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    Now this is pretty Nice! I would like to give it a Try!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, i have completed my B.E in mechanical stream in a reputed collage, right now working in a good globalized company from past few months in logistics department. I intend...
Overview Toyota, the leading Japanese carmaker, offers cars with excellent performance and great handling all over the world. Toyota has a strong presence in the car market of India, thanks...
The latest smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer Gionee has been launched in India with the name 'Gionee Marathon M3', an elder brother to the previous Marathon M2. The biggest USP...
The latest entrant in Panasonic India's P series of smartphones is Panasonic P55, a 5.5 inch screen phablet that runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. We've earlier covered the...
I want to check whether the following scenario is possible with Jquery. please provide the possible solution to do this. Also check this fiddle what i did till now, but...