Share Market: Is It Worth Investing?

The question is simple. Today I was watching Zee News, a program on investing. The person there was saying to invest in equity for a period of about 15 years and the money will become 5-8 times.

The business people talk of portfolio management. I would like to describe these people in one word as "BOGUS".

For me, when you are buying shares, you are buying "thin air", the share prices may go up or down without any logic to explain.

What do you think, is it correct to invest in share market?

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    You are neglecting the earnings from dividends - which is part of profit generated by the company.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I like the idea of this thing. Have seen quite a few relatives prosper through this method. But the often quoted advice is to play your game and leave with your profits. Sometimes people tend to 'overdo' and they end up loosing more than what they had initially spent.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir, I have a doubt that " How much current can alternator produce depending on the engines RPM ?
C-DAC, or Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, has got another reason to swell its chest. It's supercomputer Param Yuva II has bagged the first position in India in the...
"Motorola Project Ara Is Here For Doing To Hardware What Android Did To Software" was how our Editor reacted when the project was first announced, and pushing the same reaction...
Tata Motors recently launched new CNG variants of Tata Indigo and Tata Indica under its emax series. The new Tata Indigo emax starting price is Rs 4.99 lakh, which goes...
Karbonn Mobiles has launched its flagship smartphone - the Karbonn Titanium S7 in India today and Flipkart has begun taking pre-orders for the same. Direct in competition with the likes...