serial port communication

hi, this is zatin singhal. actually i want to do communication between two computers using serial port, basically a non IP based communication. It is possible in all languages but I m trying this from 10 dayz but abhi tak i dont get any success. can anybody ther to helpme. i vl b vry thank ful to him/her.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You have connected Serial Cable Between two PCs? If yes then how you connected Serial cable? can you post its Connection?
  • zatin_gupta2000
    zatin_gupta2000
    its simple that u can use the serial cable to connect the ports. simple hardware connection. Now I need the software for data transfer. Can u help me in this.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You can write software in C# or VB . To check whether it's working or not before starting with code you can use any Serial Port Monitoring utility.
  • vishnu tej
    vishnu tej
    This may be useful
  • Loga
    Loga
    you can serial port pin No. 2 & 3 to make sure that you get echo while typing in the windows terminal services window.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, this is zatin singhal. actually i want to do communication between two computers using serial port, basically a non IP based communication. It is possible in all languages but...
AHem, I rearely post in this section, and this time around i couldnot contain my excitement. i have just now attended a seminar held at our company premises , and...
China: Awesome gentleman builds homemade flying contraption powered by eight motorcycle engines – Boing Boing
Astronaut Ron Garan On His Harrowing Landing, Innovations In Outer Space, And Tweeting From The Final Frontier | Fast Company
All of you must be knowing about Defect Prioroty and Severity, as they are main aspect of any defect. But do you know about Priority and Severity values in any...