Selenium - A Open source testing tool

Hello people ,

This thread is dedicated to the Open Source testing tool Selenium

So people who worked on it share your ideas and people who dont know any thing we planning to come up with some step by step approach to learn the tool.

So any ideas welcomed here .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is it useful for testing RIAs?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes it is used to test RIA.

It is the effective tool used now a days.

wanted to start a thread for QTP but people should buy that in order to use, as selenium is an open source free tool people can download and use it.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Will give a detailed description and daily information on it from tuesday , As said early this week very busy.
    bear with this thread like this .. this is going to take good shape on information perspective.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    Yes it is used to test RIA.

It is the effective tool used now a days.

wanted to start a thread for QTP but people should buy that in order to use, as selenium is an open source free tool people can download and use it.

Demo version of QTP is free for 14 days.

I know the way how to uninstall QTP from system and reinstall on same system, obviously 馃榿 without using crack 馃榿

-CB
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Adding it to the Free Engineering Software thread -> (#-Link-Snipped-#)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    crazyboy
    Demo version of QTP is free for 14 days.

馃榿

-CB

CB i will mail you..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Whatever it is, I suggest you two to discuss that in private 馃槈
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok Ash , thats correct it may effect our forum too 馃槈
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How come QTP's kicking in Selenium discussion? Discuss it in separate thread 馃榾
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Sure Canon we need your inputs here..
  • unique.uni2000
    unique.uni2000
    Well, i m using selenum first time, i recorded a short scrit for yahoo page as after that when i re-play the same it show me the following error:

[error] Window does not exist. If this looks like a Selenium bug, make sure to read #-Link-Snipped-# for potential workarounds.

i dont know what is that....
    can any one help me??

Thanks in advance....................

Rahul
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Selenium Test Manager & Framework

Selenium is an open source automation tool for testing web applications. We have developed a framework around this tool which will ease the process of scripting using selenium with data driven, HTML reporting and exception handling techniques.

Features:

1.[FONT="] [/FONT]Support Data Driven Testing.
    2.[FONT="] [/FONT]Can utilize the maximum power of Ruby language in scripting
    3.[FONT="] [/FONT]Both Detail and Run wise HTML report.
    4.[FONT="] [/FONT]Dynamic Distributed execution
    5.[FONT="] [/FONT]Centralized Portal for Test Management which includes facilities for
    路[FONT="] [/FONT]Managing test scripts
    路[FONT="] [/FONT]Execution
    路[FONT="] [/FONT]Online Reports.

Benefits:

1.[FONT="] [/FONT]Open source.
    2.[FONT="] [/FONT]Can be used for testing both functionality and browser compatibility.
    3.[FONT="] [/FONT]Support all the platform
    4.[FONT="] [/FONT]Reusable functions will reduced the scripting time.
    5.[FONT="] [/FONT]Exception handling and reporting
    6.[FONT="] [/FONT]Anyone can execute the scripts and view the consolidated as well as detailed execution reports by using the Web site.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    unique.uni2000
    Well, i m using selenum first time, i recorded a short scrit for yahoo page as after that when i re-play the same it show me the following error:

[error] Window does not exist. If this looks like a Selenium bug, make sure to read #-Link-Snipped-# for potential workarounds.

i dont know what is that....
    can any one help me??

Thanks in advance....................

Rahul
    i am not sure but we need to work on the browser instead of the window,
    So re-record again opening yahoo application after opening the selenuium tool it may help.
  • kamskans
    kamskans
    English-Scared
    Selenium Test Manager & Framework

Selenium is an open source automation tool for testing web applications. We have developed a framework around this tool which will ease the process of scripting using selenium with data driven, HTML reporting and exception handling techniques.

Features:

1.Support Data Driven Testing.
    2.Can utilize the maximum power of Ruby language in scripting
    3.Both Detail and Run wise HTML report.
    4.Dynamic Distributed execution
    5.Centralized Portal for Test Management which includes facilities for
    Managing test scripts
    Execution
    Online Reports.

Benefits:

1.Open source.
    2.Can be used for testing both functionality and browser compatibility.
    3.Support all the platform
    4.Reusable functions will reduced the scripting time.
    5.Exception handling and reporting
    6.Anyone can execute the scripts and view the consolidated as well as detailed execution reports by using the Web site.
    Wow...seems exactly like the one we've developed except that we've done it using java.
    Hey sriram...I have a doubt. We have QC for QTP, where it is possible to execute QTP scripts from QC itself, but do we have a similar test management system for selenium where we can upload our selenium scripts there and execute it from it? Have you had an oppurtunity to work with any of these?
  • kaushalkr
    kaushalkr
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hello people ,

This thread is dedicated to the Open Source testing tool Selenium

So people who worked on it share your ideas and people who dont know any thing we planning to come up with some step by step approach to learn the tool.

So any ideas welcomed here .
    Please mail me the materials and link of selenium and qtp

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Alrighty - let's generate innovative ideas to kill boredom 馃槢 . Tell us what you do when you are terrifically, totally, really, really bored! I'll start - I'd either -...
Dear All, Let me introduce myself: I'm Mauro Laurenti an Italian guy forgotten in Germany...but some time I got lost in USA as well! I would like to share with...
Obama鈥檚 special envoy Feltman related to Syrian FM Obama鈥檚 promise to achieve peace between and Syria. Since Syrian demands are well-known and non-negotiable, the promise amounts to making Israel...
Hello. I'm looking for a uC with 35~40 input pins and at least two good (12~16-bit) DAC. Perferably with an internal clock. The input pins are for the 25-note keyboard...
Hi frezz! I m a second year information technology student.i like to do summer training.please help me ,provide me knowledge about the companies providing training in this field... PLZ.......HELP ME...