Seeking attention using gadgets!

Attention seeking

Yes, it's finally happened.
We've reached that stage where anyone with a black and white screen is cool. We've become indifferent to the number of cores on our phones, the internal RAM and all that.
Secretly, all of us (especially the corporate types whose company has given them BBs so that they can be 'connected always') yearn for simpler days. And Snake 2.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    No one can beat Nokia 1100.
    I am still using Nokia 1100. (4th Keypad)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everyone these days has a Galaxy phone and no one really cares. I seriously want to go back to landlines. ๐Ÿ˜
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    godfather
    No one can beat Nokia 1100.
    In what sense are you saying so?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    My Nokia E63 still rocks even after four and half years. Drop it, throw it, wet it, it is still alive. Giving out mails everyday morning as I wake up. Coolest thing? It has a torch and that is the most essential feature a smart phone in India must have.

In some business meetings, people have literally given me a look of shock when they see me speaking over it. SAMSUNG? No way.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Nokia 1100 was a great phone and so does Nokia 2300 with probably first radio capability. I remember first time listening radio in Delhi bus, people ware amused to see Nokia 2300 and its beautiful design . Unfortunately both phones mic was busted because of multiple catch practice from roof top.

But I have to say GPS is a free functionality which a both time and life saver utility.You never have ask for direction.
    Recently I caught up in heavy jam in hill area while visiting to a religious place and GPS shows me that it just 50ft climb we can be out of jam. Otherwise we would have busted there for 4-5 hours.
    For torch you can find a free app on every platform.

But what is really annoying, when people add following lines in signature/status:
    --send from my iPad
    --send from my blackberry etc..

So I added in my gTalk status: On Nokia 1100 Torch edition ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sksaxena
    In what sense are you saying so?
    Easy to use ! And in sense of Love ! ๐Ÿ˜€ I still love Nokia 1100 more than my HTC Inspire 4G. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    godfather
    Easy to use ! And in sense of Love ! ๐Ÿ˜€ I still love Nokia 1100 more than my HTC Inspire 4G. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Great and true! Easy to use...awesome phrase. Even I have Nokia 2100...it's also of same type. Quite cool.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nokia 1100 is my first phone , its actually Nokia 1108 white screen model for 1100.

I loved that phone, the snake game is my favorite. Unfortunately that got stolen ๐Ÿ˜” in 2006.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    I once got a new phone with a different concept altogether and attracted a huge crowd.

this is what it was:

#-Link-Snipped-#

i still own this phone but believe me its battery is horrible.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    When I really want to do something urgently on my cellphone, I get lost in the plethora of apps to choose from.

A simple handset that lets me dial and receive calls or just send smses would be awesome. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    My phone is so old that I've forgotten when I bought it!! It's held together by tape and rubber bands!!

I'm saving up for a better phone, so I guess the saying "The Grass is Greener on the Other Side" remains true!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    My Nokia does not even have a number.
    I do have a nice note book and a pencil to write with. One of the oldest gadgets after the palm leaf.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    buy a nokia 6600 and flash it around. Watch what happens (still a coooooool phone that one)
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Got a 6680 still up and running. The only other phone which can match its speakers is Nokia 6300. Back in good old 2007-2008, a bunch of us buddies used to roam around the streets of Abbassiya, Kuwait as 'walking radios' - all playing the same song on their individual Nokias. That was one great time - class 11th and 12th! Miss those days and all the fun. In those days, it was with pity that we looked at someone with a Samsung.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Not sure if people have explored enough, but I do appreciate features that smartphones bring to the table. viz.
    - I carry my whole music collection in my phone and then stream it via FM to my car and home audio. Saves me money not having to upgrade the audio systems and I never miss my music.
    - Using maps has become a second nature. I don't venture out for a new address without having a look at maps and needless to say, I'm never lost!
    - Alarms and reminders for meetings and birthdays which sync automatically.
    - Flash in smart phone can be used as torch.
    - I use internet to verify information rather than taking it for granted from any source.
    - Location based reminders which remind me of things to do in appropriate places.
    - Weather updates have helped me plan my long drives countless no. of times.
    - Voice recorder helps me playback the music piece to myself to find the flaws while I'm playing music.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, I'm fresher in PHP and I want to learn PHP very well..............Please help......... I'm facing problem to fetch data from my existing table using below code: mysql_select_db("my_db",$con); $result...
What is SOCKET in TCPIP ? Can anyone explain with real examples ?
General Electric (GE) has launched industrial internet that helps predict and prevent electrical grid outages. The system connects with all the existing system components including grid power equipment, sensors and...
When a six legged robot and a six rotor robot helicopter are mated, one would expect sparks to fly. This one walks, dances a jive, flies and grabs things on...
The world is gradually moving towards 'thinner' electronics and electronic circuits are now making their way to the paper. So the next time you hand over your business card -...