scope for mainframe domain in future

Hi all,
What would be the scope for mainframe development in future.Is it a good idea to start career as a mainframe developer in a mnc?

Replies

• msarts
    msarts
    Mainframe is a old technology, still used heavily by many companies. The market will still exist and will continue to do so for at least 10 years. No need to worry about the technology part.So you can continue your carrer in this.
  • ram_149955
    ram_149955
    Market will be there but not as much as other technologies..It is good to keep yourself updated with latest technologies. Many of my friends who started as mainframe developers 8 yrs ago started moving to other technologies..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right, as #-Link-Snipped-# said, the legacy systems will continue to run on mainframes for some time; but sooner or later the systems will be transitioned. It's better to pick up a new technology if you are just starting.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Israeli computer science engineer Eden Saig from the Technion University has developed a new machine learning system that can classify sentiments 'hidden' in the text shared on social networks. Saig...
i need book which includes all the concepts of e.c.e......!! from basic to m.tech level concepts....! please suggest me all in one book for e.c.e
Is anybody aware about DESD course of C-DAC
Just came across following video from HDFC Bank that introduces 'WatchBanking' - that is banking right on your wrist. HDFC seems to be the first bank in India that has...
hello, i m doing Post graduation.. not able to get any idea , can anyone suggest me smethng plz , i m willing to work on android platform or hadoop,.....