SanDisk Launches 512GB SD Card: Write Speeds Up 90MB/s, Perfect For 4K Video Recording

SanDisk has taken the first step to solve our 4K video recording and storage worries by launching the biggest SD card yet. The SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Memory Card is available with a whopping memory capacity of 512GB. Write speeds of the SanDisk Extreme PRO go up to 90 MB/s to ensure that the recorded 4K Ultra HD video remains stutter free. The company assures in its press release that that these SD cards can fully utilise the burst-mode shooting of any DSLR as they comply to Super-Fast UHS Speed Class 3 standard. With read speeds of up to 95MB/s, transferring data to other storage devices for post-processing becomes faster than ever.

SanDisk 512GB SDcard

SanDisk has added its proprietary Advanced Wear Levelling and Error Correction Code engine to increase the endurance and reliability of these cards. SanDisk Extreme PRO SD cards are shockproof, x ray proof and waterproof. As an added incentive the company throws in RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software for free. As expected the SanDisk Extreme PRO is not cheap, the 512GB variant costs $799 (48,574 INR). The SD card is also being sold in 256GB and 128GB variants.

SanDisk reminds us that in 2003 it had launched a 512MB SD card and within a span of 11 years it has gone up to 512GB, so can we expect SD cards to reach terabyte capacities in the next decade? Let’s wait and watch.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# [Product Page]

Replies

• Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Just 6 months ago SanDisk had launched a fingernail-sized 128 GB SD Card, so I guess the 1 TB SD Card isn't far away 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am final year computer science student. I have selected the domain network security,but I don't have any concept to start my project. can you tell recent concept related to...
hello frnds !! plz suggest me some good computer science engineering project topics...... i'm interested in networking so i would prefre topics based on that. thank you !!!
Regards, I need a little help with programming in Mathcad for finding displacements of beam (console) using Finite Difference Method.
Quote: Whilst automation has transformed the planet’s biggest industries and given rise to an industry of its own that, by 2020, is expected to be worth $40bn per year, expensive...
Google Science Fair 2014 is a global online competition open to students from 13 to 18 years old. Young science, engineering & technology enthusiasts in that age group from all...