Sandisk CFast 2.0 Extreme Fast Reads @ 450 MBps & Writes @ 350 MBps

Sandisk CFast 2.0 Extreme Fast memory card is world's fastest and it's can write the bits at hair blowing 350 MB/s and retrieve them at 450 MB/s. These memory cards are indeed very special. First, these are pin-less cards and are tougher than its rivals. Second, each card comes with a unique serial number which the customer support executives can use to uniquely identify your card. Unfortunately, the card is very limited in compatibility. At this time, the only Arri Amira camera is ready to handle this card. Arri XT and Classic (with the XR module) cameras will be able to use this card with a special adapter.

sandisk

Stephan Schenk, general manager of ARRI's camera and DI systems business unit said, "SanDisk's new SanDisk Extreme Pro CFast 2.0 cards deliver tremendous performance, allowing professionals to record ProRes 4444 up to 200Fps with AMIRA, and up to 120Fps with ALEXA XT/XR cameras, on cost-effective recording media." "With the SanDisk Extreme Pro CFast 2.0 card, we are enabling a next generation card format to meet the needs of high-end professional cinematographers," said Dinesh Bahal, vice president, product marketing, SanDisk. "These cards will enable new digital solutions for professional filmmakers looking to embrace technologies such as high-quality 4K video, and are another example of SanDisk's innovation and leadership in flash memory storage."

With the arrival of 4K cameras, the storage devices need to be very fast to absorb all the incoming data and the Sandisk CFast 2.0 seems to be the first step in the right direction. Sandisk has launched 120 GB and 256 GB versions of CFast 2.0. There's no official word on the pricing of these cards, but be assured that they won't be easy on pockets.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Did you just say 450 MB/s or 450Mb/s man😲😲😲

450MB/s = 3.5Gb/s(approx) That is like speed in a whole new level

Man this is one hell of a technology to celebrate🎉
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    With its high speed reading and writing speed,I think the future of storage devices is very nice.The speed is just astonishing and I agree that this willl be a perfect match for 4k devices.
  • mohan aapte
    mohan aapte
    No doubt, there's a definite speed & memory storage improvement from the Sandisk device. Hopefully I found the one better value Sandisk memory card from Snapdeal at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is revolutionary. It is officiall yhe "world's first" high-capacity CompactFlash card supporting the latest video performance.

Here's some information about the pricing details -
    The updated cards also include a one year downloadable offer for RescuePRO media recovery software, which lets photographers recover their images in case of accidental deletion, the company said. All five cards are now shipping worldwide costing between $219.99 and a whopping $1,809.99 USD.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Pricing of such worthy memory cards make me sick.Is there any less memory(64,32GB) cards with same writing and reading speed?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    This is the latest technology in the market and they're world's first in achieving such speeds. I don't see anything wrong with their pricing because when you're the world's first, you've got an opportunity to cash it. That's what most of the corporations do. People don't question the prices of Apple's products. Why should we question Sandisk?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Pricing of such worthy memory cards make me sick.Is there any less memory(64,32GB) cards with same writing and reading speed?
    Most of us feel this revolution is little low cost wise

That is too much is given at a lesser cost
  • Manchuu
    Manchuu
    seriouslyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????? 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Below is a situation I have two database table 1: Posts 2: Recent Watched Now What I want is whenever user visits a certain post of mine, then it will...
Hi CEans, I had came over lots of places where I found that Women are more expressive about their thoughts,views,perceptions,etc. I want to stir up a debate on this topic...
Hewlett Packard or HP has recently launched its latest laptop the Chromebook 14 which will be known for featuring the 4th generation Dual-Core 1.1 GHz Intel Haswell processor. Alongside HP...
There are no examples of wheels in biological systems. One would think that gears would be even less likely. However, researchers have discovered a gear mechanism in a jumping insect....
IgNobel Prizes are given for whacky research. This years prize goes to a truly whacky invention any CEan can be proud of. It is for an antihijacking device. What is...