Samsung's Galaxy S5 Is Coming With Fingerprint Scanner

Even before Samsung’s official reveal, SamMobile has confirmed that Samsung’s Galaxy S5 will be equipped with a fingerprint scanner. The fingerprint scanner will work similar to that of Apple’s iPhone 5S. Most of the rumours reported that the fingerprint sensor would be built into the actual display but Samsung will be using the home button. This fingerprint scanner in Samsung Galaxy S5 has actually been implemented by a South Korean person.

If you wish to unlock the phone you would just need to swipe the centre home button entirely with moderate speed. The user needs to scan his/her entire finger i.e from the base to the tip of the finger and as you scan your finger the fingerprint will be automatically shown on the screen. For this the user needs to take special care of not swiping the button with wet hands or else it will give an error and will ask you to first dry your hands. A new feature here is that user can register up to 8 fingers for authentication of various tasks like, first finger for an app, second for messages, third for calendar etc. The registered fingers can also access two new features namely personal folder and private mode where the user is allowed to store their apps, widgets, files, folders privately.

S5_1

There was hardly any difference between Samsung’s Galaxy S3 and S4 in terms of design, but this time rumours suggest S5 will have a new fresh design. After reading this, people will definitely be eager to try out the new feature for the Galaxy S series.

What do you think about this smartphone? Suggest with your comments below.

Replies

• Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Another leap in Apple-Samsung rivalry?
  • Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    To be on par with Apple, Samsung just seem to lack a 64-bit CPU
  • Chirayu Samarth
    Chirayu Samarth
    Didn't go well with Apple
    Let's see Samsung's version of it
  • Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    I think after apple failure, samsung will definitely take care and will not repeat the same..
  • Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    Galaxy s5 will be available with gold platting, again a feature which was seen in Apples iPhone 5s.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which one best for future career for IT People.....? IT Development Job or IT Support Job...?
South Korean Electronics giant Samsung has announced the unveiling of the updated Galaxy Gear 2.0 just ahead of MWC 2014 to be held in Barcelona. This updated gear will run...
I want to do M.Tech or M.S. in stream which is releated to Medical feild because I think career opportunists are more for that stream. so can any one suggest...
wat s The voltage gain of a current amplifier..??? wat can we do to get some current gain with voltage gain unity???
https://onlinetonegenerator.com/