Samsung Unpacked 2013 Episode 2 Livestream [Watch It Here!]

We're just a few minutes away from the official Samsung Unpacked Event. Watch it live below!

​
Samsung is expected to launch Galaxy Note III and Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch. Feel free to express your comments below in this thread πŸ˜€ . Let's have live comments as the event progresses πŸ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Who's joining me in watching this episode live? 😁 I hope I'm not the only one excited about this event.

I hope people will join in this live commenting. πŸ˜€ The livestream is playing some introduction music. "The Next Galaxy Is Coming" it says. Can't wait to see the Note 3.

The live transmission of the event will start in about 15 minutes from now. Is there anyone with me?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Like to, but going to dinner 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    Like to, but going to dinner 😁
    Hand me over your geek badge first. Real geeks love gadgets over food.

J.K. Shin has began introduction of Galaxy Note 3!

Boy, he's also unveiled the Galaxy Gear!

Surprised to see Pranav Mistry on the stage. I seriously envy him for his job - think about ideas and then make the engineers make them happen πŸ˜‰
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    That resolution (2560x1600) in the Galaxy Tab looks great. Closing in to the iPad.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhijit Dey
    That resolution (2560x1600) in the Galaxy Tab looks great. Closing in to the iPad.
    Yep.

I think I've began losing interest in latest innovations in gadgets. The latest launch didn't get me excited about the phone or the gear.
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    Currently we only get to see devices getting bigger and meaner hardware and specifications, but they have truly lost interest in building and increasing the user experience and feel, they have slowed down the innovation side.
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    With the Samsung Unpacked event still being streamed live, the revelations are already making news around the web. Samsung revealed the Galaxy Gear, the smartwatch that was anticipated by many around the world right after its images were leaked all over at a Samsung event in New York. This device would be competing directly with Sony's SmartWatch 2. Also the Galaxy Note 3 was revealed, the device which started off the phablet culture among manufacturers, promises better design and a tough and meaner hardware.

galaxygear ​

The Galaxy Gear device would be able to do many things like making and receiving calls and also reading messages. The specifications aren't clear though but according to TechCrunch it houses a 1.63 inch 320x320 AMOLED display screen with an 800 MHz Single Core Exynos processor, 4 GB storage and a 512 MB RAM. The smartwatch also has a 315 mAh battery with a snap-on USB 3.0 charger, which would last for a whole day. The smartwatch has a stainless steel body and would be compatible with other Galaxy devices and users would be able to give S voice commands to their phones through it. The smartwatch has a 1.9 MP camera capable of 720p video recording and has Bluetooth 4.0 and a speaker with 2 mics. The device would have many health related apps already pre-installed like RunKeeper and MyFitnessPal, also social services like Path and Highlight would be available. The Galaxy Gear would be available in six different colors.

note-scrapbook ​

Talking about the Galaxy Note 3, this time it would be including the mighty Snapdragon 800 processor. The design has gone into better clarity with slimmer bezels and sharper angles at the rounded edges. There is a new and improved S pen, a larger screen size, it is lighter and thinner than the previous device and has a longer battery life. The Note 3 has a 5.7 inch 1080p Super AMOLED display with 368 ppi pixel density. It would house a 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800 processor or 1.9 GHz Samsung Exynos Octa Core which would totally depend on the market. It would have 3 GB of RAM with 32 or 64 GB of storage sporting Android 4.3. The 13 MP rear camera would be capable of 4K video recording with a new CRI LED flash, improving photography in low light conditions, and also has a 2 MP front camera. The battery life would be a power house with a 3,200 mAh battery. Samsung said that shipping would start around 25 September to 149 countries and would reach the US market later this year.

Post in your comments about your thoughts on the new releases. Would the Galaxy Gear really work out? Does the new Note 3 bring in better innovation?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Design is looks like stretched version of S2 πŸ‘€.
    But their more focus on productivity and software.
    Improved multi window and floating touch is good and
    Box feature is really innovative
    [​IMG]
    Image courtesy : CNET

For Gear, only real users can review it. I hope they have reserve battery to run watch for at least a week. Otherwise gadget will be a junk till evening.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd have loved to see an entirely new user interface on the Note III. I've been using Note II and I rarely need multi-tasking. I just love the device for its big screen and it makes responding to emails a cakewalk. But that's all about it.

For the gear - I could be the only one who's not impressed. Am I really 'that' busy to not have time to take the phone out of my pocket and answer it? I like the instant photo feature though - but compare it with Google Glass and it quickly fades out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How many of us are into running? running though is tiresome most of the time, the 'high' you get after running is just amazing. Experts say running necessarily doesnot mean...
At a time when brands are trying to dethrone each other in the performance benchmark tests, imaging has also become an important criterion in deciding which phone is better than...
What about placements at CDAC and life after CDAC ? Please help ,thanx in advance
Sony’s IFA presence might have been overshadowed by its flagship Xperia Z1 and VAIO additions; we just cannot ignore other releases from the Korean electronics giant. In this article we...
Samsung Electronics, the Korean electronics giant has unveiled the Galaxy Note 3 and it's one heck of a smartphone or 'phablet' as many of you would like to call it....