Samsung Reveals ARTIK 10 - World's Highest Performance IoT Module

Samsung debuted into the IOT industry with its ARTIK module family and it has revealed its newest member the ARTIK 10. The new IOT module will start shipping next month but is available for order at their official #-Link-Snipped-#. The module, as claimed by Samsung, is designed to be the world’s highest performance Internet-Of-Things (IoT) Module. Its octa-core architecture includes a quad ARM Cortex-A15 and an ARM quad Cortex –A7 along with 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB flash memory and Mali T628 MP6 GPU. The module has inbuilt 4-Lane MIPI DSI display interface & HDMI both capable of providing a 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps. In addition, the board also has a camera interface with 1x2-Lane MIPI CSI up to 3MP@30fps 1x4-lane MIPI CSI up to 16MP@30fps.

Untitled
The module packs a Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth BT,BLE and a Zigbee 802.15.4 thread. Other interfaces/ports on the board include GPIO - 51 (2 PWM output including), Analog Capture - 6 (0–1.8V range), UART - 3 (Flow Control 1 port), I2C - 6, SPI – 1, I2S – 1, USB 2.0 Host + 1 USB 2.0 Device + 1 USB 3.0, MMC - 1 (T Flash), MIPI - 1 [DSI (4 lane) + 2 CSI (4 lane, 2 lane)] and Clock Out - 1 [(24MHz) + 1 (32.768KHz)]. The board’s input power is 3.4V to 5V and can provide an output of 1.8V/100mA or 2.4V/100mA. The board runs Fedora and provides support for C/C++, Java, JavaScript and Python development environment. ARTIK 10 is powerful enough for tasks like image processing, autonomous vehicle navigation, intensive 3D graphics, virtual reality and model-based robotic control. The board also provides built-in advanced security capabilities.

ARTIK-10-dev

The ARTIK 10 is much better than Raspberry Pi 3 with better graphics, RAM, flash storage and more connectivity options. Samsung aims to be at the very start of the IoT era as its growing by the day. According to an estimate by #-Link-Snipped-#, the IoT industry will see 20.8 billion devices by 2020 and Samsung plans to get its components into that market. The ARTIK 10 also helps Samsung explore the vast concepts that it wants to implement in its own grand plan of smart homes by producing Inter-Connected Appliances.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#| #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Amit Jha
    Amit Jha
    Nicely written and way informative!...However while comparing with other online resources we can see that Artik-10 has octa core 32-bit ARM processor and is expected to be tagged for more than $99 for sale whereas the Rb-pi has 64 bit ARM cortex processor and is available for a price at $35.
    Could you please mention as you said in your post how Artik 10 is better than Rbpi?
    (Considering the other features like bluetooth, wifi and camera interfacing abilities that are available in Artik-10 ,Rbpi has also introduced its low powered interfacing modules that are easily available at lesser prices.)
  • Ashish Nanda
    Ashish Nanda
    amitjha07
    Nicely written and way informative!...However while comparing with other online resources we can see that Artik-10 has octa core 32-bit ARM processor and is expected to be tagged for more than $99 for sale whereas the Rb-pi has 64 bit ARM cortex processor and is available for a price at $35.
    Could you please mention as you said in your post how Artik 10 is better than Rbpi?
    (Considering the other features like bluetooth, wifi and camera interfacing abilities that are available in Artik-10 ,Rbpi has also introduced its low powered interfacing modules that are easily available at lesser prices.)
    #-Link-Snipped-# , I agree about the octa-core processor and if you read carefully through the technical manual for the same #-Link-Snipped-#, it says that the processor is a combination of quad ARM Cortex-A15 and an ARM quad Cortex –A7. The CPU has four Cortex-A15 cores, which handle the most demanding tasks, and four lower-power Cortex-A7 cores for lighter use. I do agree about the price difference and would still prefer a Rb-pi as its comparatively lot cheaper, but this module is comparatively better during larger projects that require more processing power.
    As for how its better than Rb-Pi, you can compare the technical details with the ones of Rb-Pi. Some of then are that the graphic processor on ARTIK 10 is able to give 120fps for a HD video while the Rb-pi 3 can only get 60 fps. The RAM is double on the ARTIK 10 than that of RB-Pi 3 and also has a Zigbee which is again not present on RB-Pi 3.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all.. Please grab some time and sit back to read it and please guide me.Let me start it from the very beginning.After my schooling from Delhi in which i...
Google Calendar is one of the best calendar apps in the market. Apart from scheduling stuff, the Google Calendar app and website help you with additional tasks such as scheduling...
Modern crutches have been with us since the 1900s. A century has gone by and not much has changed in the design of the crutches that are used temporarily or...
Performing nano-scale integration on optical devices has already succeeded in optimising the contemporary data storage systems. The functioning of CDs, DVDs and Blue ray discs depend on a LASER beam...
Man made Robots could soon think like humans and learn from the environment, depending on its preprogrammed analyzing skills. Of late, artificially intelligent objects have been relying on image-recognition technology...