Samsung Quietly Launches The Galaxy Tab A Plus Tablet

It seems that besides the usual smartphones, Samsung is also on the launching spree of tablets this year. Just last month it launched the two variants of Samsung Galaxy S2 tablets of 8 inch and 9.7 inch displays which were deemed as the thinnest and the lightest tablet by Samsung ever. And then it launched the Samsung Galaxy Tab A and barely a month afterwards, now it has launched its successor- Samsung Galaxy Tab A Plus.

The specs of A Plus are surprisingly similar to that of its predecessor. Almost everything besides the screen size varies with the screen size of A Plus tablet being 9.7 inches. Because of this size, the tablet is also known as the Samsung Galaxy A 9.7. The other specs of the tablet are that it has a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor along with 2GB of RAM. The device has an internal storage of 16 GB which can be expanded using microSD card upto 128 GB. The tablet also comes with the S pen which Samsung generally provides with their high-end devices. The S pen can be used for calligraphy among other things.

samsung_galaxy_tab_a_plus

The camera of tablet isn’t exactly its strongest suit. The rear camera is a mere 5 MP autofocus camera while the front camera is of just 2 MP. Needless to say, this tablet isn’t definitely for the selfie lovers. Under connectivity, the tablet offers the general options like Bluetooth, Micro-USB, and Wi-Fi. For reasons known only to Samsung, this tablet doesn’t support 4G LTE connectivity, an option that was actually available in Galaxy Tab A. The battery size of the device is 6000 mAh but the details of the battery life is yet unknown.

The tablet was quietly listed on Samsung’s France website and there was no official press release for the same. It has become available for sale in Europe with various online and offline retailers at EUR 339 i.e. approximately Rs 23,750. The availability of the tablet in other countries is yet unknown.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Friends, Greetings from Rajasthan. My name is Jasim Chouhan. I am pursuing B.Tech(7th sem) in Information Technology from Rajasthan Technical University. It is a great opportunity for me to...
I don't fall for viral videos, but out of curiosity I watched this one when it appeared on my Twitter Timeline. John Burk—an Internet fitness instructor, motivational speaker and former...
Graphene is the wonder material that continues to surprise researchers worldwide. At its core, it's just a one atom thick layer of carbon atoms that exhibits astonishing properties. For the...
I finished my BE ECE in 2014 and now working in a company abroad But I want to come back to India and Work in a challenging job role in...
I am specifically talking about in-ear headphones here. I hope I am not the only one around here who thinks that the In-Ear Headphones (or earphones) hurt your ears too...