Samsung Plans To Unveil Galaxy Glass At IFA 2014 To Compete With Google Glass: Reports

According to a report published in Firms turning to 'smart glasses', Samsung is planning to unveil its smart eyewear to compete with Google Glass. A Samsung official who wished to remain anonymous has said that the product titled ‘Galaxy Glass’ could be unveiled as soon as September at the IFA 2014 trade show in Germany. He/she also admitted the fact about the underwhelming sales of Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch and stated that products like these can’t generate profits immediately. Samsung had made its intensions clear about venturing into smart eyewear market when it filed a patent with the Korea Intellectual Property Office last year for what it named as “sports glasses”.

Samsung Galaxy Glass

Samsung’s device works with the help of the smartphone and it can be used to make calls as well. It is being speculated that Samsung’s version will be able to run for a longer period of time as compared to Google Glass since it features a microUSB cable that might be able to extract power from the smartphone’s battery.

Google Glass is still in a public testing phase and is expected to be available for the general public towards the end of 2014. The product has been well received among the members of the Glass Exploration Program and the feedback obtained from these members has been used to improve the $1500 gadget. It would be good if Samsung follows the same regimen so that it can avoid the mistake of serving a half baked product like the Samsung Galaxy Gear.

So with various wearables venturing into the market, we would like to obtain opinions from our readers on what features they want in a smart eyewear. Head over to the comments section below to post your views.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have showcased Ubuntu Web Browser in Ubuntu 14.04 which shows convergence in video below. It's just 2 minute long, take a look.
Recentl I started a blogspot.In that I dont how to categorize the blog like home, downloads,contact us like that.Can any one help me step by step process or by screenshots....
Yesterday author, Amish Tripathi, of one of the best seller, Shiva Triology , that 1st installment of this series, Immortal of Mehula, is brought by one of the production house...
Hero MotoCorp India has unveiled a new concept bike nicknamed 'Hero RNT' that is powered by a diesel engine. The new scooter from Hero was unveiled at an event with...
There's a speculation that HSBC bank, one of the biggest banks in the world is on the verge of collapse. The recent news that the bank has put checks on...