Samsung Makes The Gear S2 Smartwatch Official But Keeps Mum On Price And Launch Date

We've had enough of Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch leaks that the official announcement doesn't tell us anything new. The south Korean electronics giant has unveiled the next generation smartwear, called the Gear S2, but did not reveal what everybody wants to know - the official price and the launch date. Of course, it won't be too long before we get all that information from the far east. This new Tizen powered smartwatch will have two editions - Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic which will cater to the consumers who want 'timeless watch design'.

The S2 classic will feature a black finish and it will ship with a matching black leather band. The S2 regular model, on the other hand will ship with dark grey or silver bodies with matching grey and white bands. Of course, you will be able to use your own colours with the swappable bands.

Samsung-Gear-S2-India-Price-Features
Samsung Gear S2 WatchFace​

The most notable features of the Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch include a 1.2", all-round display with a resolution of 360x360 and 302 pixels per inch. The watch will make use of dual core 1 GHz processor assisted by 512MB RAM and 4GB of on-board storage. It will support all the popular audio formats - mp3, m4a, aac and ogg. The S2 will have fitness features like S Health and Nike+ Running built-in.

The watch is IP68 certified which means it's totally dust-proof and also protected against moistures even when immersed in water for longer times. Another noteworthy feature is presence of 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC. Samsung says that the watch will support Samsung Smartwatch Likely To Support Payments Via Samsung Pay as soon as the technology is rolled out. There is an array of regular sensors viz. accelerometers, heart rate monitor, ambient light sensor, gyroscope etc. The watch will be powered by a 250 mAh Li-Ion battery with wireless charging. Samsung says that the watch should be able to go about 2-3 days on regular usage.

All that hardware goodness, unfortunately won't be utilised by Android Wear's support to third party apps. In terms of the software and interface design, it's evident that Samsung's designers are totally inspired from those at rival Apple. We'll keep you posted about all the updates; but in the mean time, do let us know your thoughts on Samsung Gear S2. Let the price guessing game begin!

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Volkswagen India has unveiled its new variant of the popular hatchback with Volkswagen Polo GT with added features, now ready to roll out on the streets. Coming in two variants...
Hey Guys, I want to be professional content writer and i do write blogs and articles. My uniqueness of content is near about 90%-100% and no grammar mistakes, then why...
I have completed my b tech in mechanical engineering and learning german language.Is it necessary that i should have done any automobile course or diploma that hepls me to improve...
Instagram users had to use square shaped photos by default when publishing their clicks on the photo-sharing app. However, the company recently announced that they've introduced portrait and landscape mode...
Sir j... It is long time to see you.your teachings are very helpful in my struggling days. You have wonderful personality to attract anyone. God bless you.... now a days...