Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Announced - Tech Specs At A Glance

The South Korean giant has taken covers off the Galaxy S5 mini smartphone. Though it was expected that the company would scrimp on sensors to reduce price, the S5 mini will have the same features as that of its elder brother including fingerprint sensor and a heart rate monitor. Instead there is a reduction in quality of display, camera and processor.

Having a 4.5-inch HD (720p) Super AMOLED display, the S5 mini will be powered (Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specs Say 4.5-inch Display, KitKat OS And 1.5GB RAM) by a quad-core processor (unspecified chipset) having a clock speed of 1.4 GHz clubbed with 1.5GB of RAM and a 2,100 mAh battery. Also, the smartphone is IP67 certified, meaning that it is water and dust resistant to an extent, and has Galaxy S5's Ultra Power Saving mode.

S5_mini

Other specifications include 16GB internal storage which is expandable to 64GB, an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, a 2.1-megapixel front facing camera, connectivity options such as 2G, 3G and 4G support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB 2.0 and NFC. This device will run on Android 4.4 (KitKat) wrapped under the company’s UI.

Though Samsung haven't disclosed the price yet, the S5 mini is expected to compete with HTC One mini 2. This smartphone will available in Russia starting in early July and will come in four colors:Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I was hoping that with S5 mini, Samsung will launch the octa-core processor. Disappointing !
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I guess waiting till December 2014 might bring a good offer. I don't expect much. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Price In India Is Rs. 27,990! which I now own (the predecessor of the 'Mini' series) came out at Rs27990 INR. Now it's available for Rs18500 INR after about 10 months of hitting the market. The size is a good factor for this Mini series. It's a decent performer as well. Fingers crossed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Capacitors can be thought of mothers back up plan for end of month. when her stocks for the month and guests arrive, she open a stocked grocery(placed into a big...
I'm wondering if we can come up with a set of instructions which we can follow step by step while troubleshooting any computer or network issue. I was trying to...
As you enter the professional world, it's essential that you learn a few common sense based professional email writing protocols. I've found out that a LOT of freshers send emails...
The next in the line of our popular weekend debate is scheduled on Sunday - July 06, 2014 at 7:00 PM (IST). The debate is open to all the CEans!...
I stumbled across the work of Marcello Barenghi. Just take a look at how he makes pictures come to life! Mind = blown!