Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Specs & Features Out - It Is The Grand's Big Brother

Samsung has today taken its new smartphone off the wraps with the launch of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, a successor to the company's flagship phone - Grand. Bigger in size and processing power than it's younger brother, the Galaxy Grand 2 features a 5.2-inch HD TFT display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and comes with a 16:9 HD ratio or a wide angle ratio. Powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, the phone is in many ways similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note. The phone will run on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. Now coming to the storage needs of the users, the Galaxy Grand 2 caters to them by providing a 1.5 GB of RAM and 8 GB of inbuilt storage, which is further expandable up to 64GB via microSD card.

Interstingly, the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a Dual-SIM phone (GSM+GSM) making it a possible candidate for mass global roll out immediately. The camera is similar to the Note and is 8 megapixel one with autofocus and LED flash on the rear and a 1.9-megapixel front-facing one. For the connectivity features, the Grand 2 has support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ AGPS, micro-USB and 3G (HSPA+). The 2,600 mAh battery packed inside the smartphone promises 10 hours of playback and 17 hours of call time. On the sensors list, the Samsung Galaxy Grand comes with the one for Proximity, an Accelerometer, a Compass, Light and Hall Sensor.

Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-2

The weight of this new smartphone is 163 grams and dimensions are 146.8x75.3x8.9mm. Among the software that come pre-installed with the Grand 2, we have some special ones. A Story Album app that can organise pictures by timeline, and create and print albums all from the device. There's the S Translator that provides instantaneous translations at any time, a S Travel app that provides guides and travel information, a Sound & Shot app that records up to nine seconds of audio with your photos and the usual Samsung Hub that brings unique content service that provides access to music, videos, games and more.

Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is soon going to be available in three colors - White, and Black and Pink in selective regions. Just like the Note 3, the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 features a new design with a stitching pattern around the faux leather back. When the Grand was first launched in India, it was priced at Rs. 21,500. As of today, it is listed at an official price in India tag of Rs. 18,870 on Samsung’s official website. We are yet to know the pricing and availability details of the Grand 2 phone. How do you like its features? Speak out in comments below.

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Samsung has finally taken the suggestions from customers and given the big Galaxy Grand a HD resolution screen. Previous Samsung best sellers like the old Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy Tab 2 had been criticised for their below average displays but this smartphone suggests that Samsung have rectified their mistakes.
    The phone however is going to be a bit pricey considering the specs. According to me it will be priced between twenty five thousand and thirty thousand rupees. If Samsung manages to keep the price towards the lower end of the scale it shall manage to please its fans who are looking for an affordable yet powerful smartphone.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Samsung has finally taken the suggestions from customers and given the big Galaxy Grand a HD resolution screen. Previous Samsung best sellers like the old Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy Tab 2 had been criticised for their below average displays but this smartphone suggests that Samsung have rectified their mistakes.
    The phone however is going to be a bit pricey considering the specs. According to me it will be priced between twenty five thousand and thirty thousand rupees. If Samsung manages to keep the price towards the lower end of the scale it shall manage to please its fans who are looking for an affordable yet powerful smartphone.
    I guess at that rate it'd be an interesting dual SIM variant from Samsung. My friends who bought the earlier version of Grand with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean said that the upgrade to 4.1.2 has given them battery backup of 2 days. Hope the Grand 2 can keep that factor up!

The bad factor I see is that Samsung has chose to to give the Grand the same Note 3 stitch leather feel. Come on Samsung, are you now trying to copy Tata Motors? We are expecting the innovation from you - not another variant of similar looking smartphones!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I want to open 3-4 pdf document in linux. By default when I click on any pdf document it opens using Document Viewer. However for next document it opens...
Hey guys, There are openings for the following posts in Teradata. If you are interested, send me your resumes on Neeraj.Sharma@Teradata.com Cheers...
Guess what? Guess. Aah! I guess you already knew. It's Crazy Engineers' Day tomorrow, and so it's also the Birthday of the creator @Kaustubh Katdare. Wishing him a very Happy...
What researchers from Carnegie Mellon University have achieved is truly remarkable. A step towards building computers that have common sense has become a reality thanks to NEIL or Never Ending...
Aaron Siego (KDE Hacker) recently announced an OpenHardware development board 'Improv' ,which includes low-end ARM Cortex A7, 1GB RAM, 4 GB NAND Flash, OpenGL ES GPU, 2xUSB2.0, Ethernet ports, HDMI,...