Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch- US Patent And Trademark Filed!

Samsung has initiated the first step towards a classy wrist- that of filing an application for a US trademark with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office for it's wearable electronic gadget, the much ballyhooed smartwatch- the "Samsung Galaxy Gear". With this piece of Galaxy, a person could not only adorn his wrist with a handsome accessory, but can also perform the regular tasks that he did with his laptop or smartphone- like browsing the internet or sending and receiving mails. As per the filing, one could even keep track of (or manage) one's personal information; smartphones; laptops and other such personal electronic devices.

Samsung-Galaxy-Gear-Smart-Watch

The wristwactch-wearing community is declining since the rise of the smart-gadgets, where you can tell the time with just a smooth swipe. Bur the sector has shot fresh adrenalin since Apple and Google announced their own smartwatches. Samsung did make a dash there now! While Apple's story is still unconfirmed, other competitors are just too keen to tap on this customer enthusiasm towards wearable gadgets.

Sony is launching its latest smartwatch coming September- the Smartwatch 2. Based on Android, this multi-functional watch with 1.6" sceen could be used as a phone remote control too.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    :Rant On

I'm seriously not getting this smart-watch business. Why are people obsessed with smaller screens? I'm totally against anything that adds strain on my eyes. Plus the functionality is going to be limited at least for the next few years. Smart-watches, I believe is all about marketing and introducing a new digital product for the sake of introducing it.

I stopped using a wristwatch long time ago - because whenever I need to check time (which is what it's meant for) I check my cell phone. Now this smart-watch will basically connect with your smartphone constantly - via Bluetooth. I doubt how long will this smart-watch last with a constant bluetooth link.

:Rant Off.
  • lal
    lal
    My wrist watch used to give me more than a year of battery backup! If this can beat it, I shall buy 😁

Reading text on a wrist watch is cool. But watching movie isn't!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes i agree with the big k .
    I want to know whether these watches are antireflective or not.I love smart watch if it would have antireflective screen.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Rumor has it that the Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch shall be launched on September 4th at the Samsung Unpacked 2013, along with the new Samsung Galaxy Note III.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Smart watches are the first best feasible steps to move on to smart wearable gadgets. I understand you all thinking that this is just for the sake of introduction but since Google bagged the best options, Glasses, these people are trying to make an array of other gadgets. I will not be surprised if they come up with smart jewellery ( one that can camouflague itself). Plus watches are generally the first accessories people use these days.

Plus we are already expecting MYO Armbands. So let us see what this unveils after launch.
  • kheerthi chandru
    kheerthi chandru
    a smaller screen is not fit for everything.. i find it difficult to check mails even in my mobile. so smart watches won't suit me..😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiiiii friends.... i have 1 sum... as i got the answer 3 bt the actual answeris 8 . as the question follows..... q: the angles of a polygon are in...
I need to do some operations on excel file having size more than 4GB. I have written VBA code to automate the operations. But while opening the file using code...
I have written a procedure to insert more than 600+K records from one table to another. But while executing the procedure in VBA code I am getting 'time out' run...
Resistive RAM aka RRAM is all set to kick the pulp out of NAND drives aka your regular flash drives. Crossbar, the chip maker that's been in the stealth mode...
If you thought only Apple's got the awesome(st) battery life in their laptops, uBuntu has an answer. The new laptop, "SOL" lets you enjoy 10 hours of uBuntu on 2...