Samsung Experience | Reminder to All!

Friends, Romans and Fellow CEans! Lend me your ears. The transition from selling the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to buying the S4 Mini was not so pleasant. I purchased the S4 Mini on 3rd June at about 12pm in the afternoon. The fact that it was a Tuesday did not stop me from buying a White Frost variant. Boy - the phone is sleek! And competes with the size of an Apple 5/5S (atleast from my perspective).

Being a new dual sim phone, i didn't want to ruin it. So i used it with a single sim and without installing many apps, and not trying any wallpapers or videos. I used it like this
for 5 days as a more or less a fresh piece owing also to other priorities i had during this time. This was infact the first smartphone that I selected for myself on my own - the previous ones were all selected by my parents while i was not in the picture.

On 8th June in the morning, i decided to try on some videos and wallpapers and customize the phone. And so i did. I copied two movies to my sd card and started watching it. To my surprise i observed a very faint vertical rectangle about the size of 1cm*2mm which appeared to be transparent by faintly visible on the approximate centre of the display. I showed it to a friend and he said it might be some line on the matte finish screen guard. I left it there. But as i progressed with de-virginizing (yeah use it instead of the F word) my phone, this annoyed me. I had mixed thoughts. Should i remove the Rs200 worth screen guard to check the issue? If it were the screen guard's fault, then i would have wasted a screen guard. Yeah, i am a miser! So i let it be. By 9th morning, my curiousity had crossed the brim! I tore away the screen guard and the mark had not gone! Now i was pissed; i had to get to work early so i carried on. At work that night, i showed this issue to another friend. He told me not to keep it and show it to the retailer i bought it from.

Mind you - this faint 'shade' was visible only with greys - no clue would be seen in well lit rooms!!! The chances of seeing this defect while buying the phone from a well lighted
showroom/shop are 1 in a BILLION - and that too it's visible on certain colours only easily! On June 10th i took the phone to the retailer by 10am, but he did not spot the
issue. I had to take him out of the well lit shop to show him and convince him. Finally after his display tests with *#0*#, he told me it was not a 'genuine' issue for replacement and i should go to Samsung Service Centre. So i did after much wastage of time.

At 11:30am at the Samsung Service Centre, after 3 attempts of showing multiple movie/picture/wechat grey background to 2
different people, and about 1 hour of test by their engineer - they accepted it was an issue with display and offered to try and get me a replacement.

Today (June 11th), after 12 hours and many calls/excuses about internet issues, i was informed that a replacement was rejected because it was the 8th day on which i mentioned the issue (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). I will however get the display fixed under warranty hopefully within 2 days.

So my friend, don't love your phone. De-virginize it within 2 days and enjoy the benefit of a replacement within 7 days. The day you bought it would be your first day - no matter
the time!

P.S- I couldn't post this yesterday!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello every one,i have 4.9 years of experience in Manual Testing and i want to learn automation tool,which one is best in current market QTP or Selenium,please guide me and...
Disclaimer: I have never played any of these games so have no clue to what is being talked about. Quote: Remember how you could play the first levels of that...
I want to know how is BIT- MESRA Noida Campus for M-tech in CSE? Are there good faculties to teach? Plz help me. Is it worth taking admission? Will i...
These will help you in preparing for exams.... more and more members should join here and share what you have and help others
The World Cup is about to begin in a few hours and Google has already posted a doodle on its homepage marking the launch of the most-awaited sporting event on...