Samsung Announces Gear Fit 2 Smartband & Gear Icon X Earbuds For Fitness Enthusiasts

Samsung has seen success in the smartwatch department but its fitness band sales haven’t been impressive. Samsung first try at a Fitness band failed miserably with the Gear Fit. The Korean electronics manufacturer has learnt from its mistakes and created the successor called the Gear Fit 2. The Gear Fit 2 takes a lot of inspiration from Fitbit and combines the knowhow of Samsung to create a rather good fitness band. The Gear Fit 2 like most smartband features embedded GPS and an accurate heart rate monitor. Just like its predecessor the Gear Fit 2 comes with a display, a 1.5inch curved Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 216 x 432 pixels. On the touch screen display you can track your steps, calories burnt and notifications from your smartphone such as calls, text or IM.

Gear Fit 2 (1)
Gear Fit 2 (2) Gear Fit 2 (3) Gear Fit 2 (4) Gear Fit 2 (5)

Underneath the hood of the Samsung Gear Fit 2 we have an Exynos 1GHz dual-core processor and 512 MB of RAM. The internal storage of Gear Fit 2 stands at 4GB and it hooks up to your smartphone using Bluetooth 4.2. The Gear Fit 2 as expected runs on Samsung’s home grown Tizen OS and will be available in two sizes to fit different wrists. The Gear Fit 2 is only compatible with Android smartphones that run KitKat and above and have at least 1.5GB of RAM. The Gear Fit 2 just like the Fitbit Alta can know which form of physical exercise you are performing using the Auto Activity Tracking feature and note it down on the app. The data collected from the Gear Fit 2 can be transferred not only to the S Health app but to different apps as well. The highlight of the Gear Fit 2 is the standalone music player that can work without your smartphone. The 4GB storage can be used to store music. The Gear Fit 2 is powered by a 200mAh battery that can last for up to three days on average use. The Gear Fit 2 is available in Black, Blue and Pink colour variants.

Gear Icon X

Along with the Gear Fit 2, Samsung has announced the Gear Icon X, a pair of Bluetooth smart earbuds that can help you with your fitness goals. These earbuds are available with three different eartips and wingtips to fit different sized ears. Once your wear the Gear Icon X earbuds they can track your fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burnt and sync then with S Health app. The Gear Icon X cones with a Voice Guide that can train you during your fitness activities. The Gear Icon X also has an internal storage of 4GB on which you can store songs and even stream the music from your smartphone using Bluetooth. You can change the music playback by simply swiping on the outer casing of the earbuds. The Gear Icon X is available in Black, Blue and White colour variants.

The Gear Fit 2 will be available from June 10th onwards with a price tag of $179. You can pre-order the smart band from June 3rd in the US. The Gear Icon X will go on sale from the third quarter of the year at an as yet undisclosed price.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reliance Retail’s LYF series added new launch to its range with LYF Flame 6 after the successful launches of earlier LYF Flame 4 and Flame 3. As per the listing...
I have done my Electronics and telecommunication engineering this year .I am not yet placed but i have good knowledge of my subjects .I want a time of 7 -10...
Fast depleting fossil fuels have led to a more vigorous search for alternative energy sources. In lieu of that, a team of researchers from Harvard Medical School and Wyss Institute...
Keeping the surge of 2 in 1 untethered, HP incorrigibly added a new one in the same category. Last Thursday, the company unveiled HP Elite X2 1012, a redefined hybrid...
The mainstream engineers, enthusiasts, physicists, mathematicians and ultimately bohemians are actually intertwined with MARVEL comics and indirectly, owing to its unique and eye-catching characters, deliver theories, instruments and technology that...