Samsung and Apple Rule The Roost In ABI Research's Top Smartphones List

The New York based technology market research and intelligence firm, ABI Research has released the list of the top 20 smartphone models sold across the globe in Q1 2014. The list of top 20 is dominated by Samsung and Apple smartphones. The renowned smartphones like the iPhone 5s 16GB and iPhone 4s 8GB and Samsung’s Galaxy S4 Euro i9500 16GB, Galaxy S3 i9300 16GB and Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 top the chart.

The following table shows the names of the top 5 smartphones in the list:

table

According to Nick Spencer, senior practice director, ABI Research, Samsung has dominated the market with 27% market share but Apple’s low market share creates significant volume for a few SKUs. Chinese vendor Xiaomi’s device Redmi has made its maiden entry in the list of top 20 smartphones. It is available outside China at an affordable price of $130.Sony and LG smartphones are also there in the list.

This time HTC could not make to top 20-list but ABI Research expects it to make a strong comeback with its flagship devices HTC One M8 and Huawei Ascend P7 in the next quarter. Though HTC One was well-received by critics and smartphone analyst but it could not make to the list this quarter as it was launched couple of months ago.

Capture

The top 20 list is a part of ABI Research’s #-Link-Snipped-#. The Smartphones and Handsets Market Research include data analysis, Insights, trends, business model analysis and competitive assessments of smartphones.

ABI Research which was formed in 1990 and was incorporated in 1991 as Allied Business Intelligence, Inc. which provides detailed analysis and research in the following areas like mobile devices, Cyber security, ID, Smart Cards & Security, Telco Software, Optimization& Monetization, Location Technology, Global Subscribers & Indicators, etc.

Source: ABI Research

Replies

• anitha ana
    anitha ana
    Have a great improvement for Samsung....
    Though HTC didnt got first 20 place...
    There is more advantage in HTC than Samsung...
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anitha Nehru
    There is more advantage in HTC than Samsung...
    Advantages like ?
  • anitha ana
    anitha ana
    Touching sensitivity...
    Its hang with in 6 month... However we installed maximum 7 apps

Batter problem...
    Efficiency...

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Yeah, Samsung's TouchWiz is piece of shit, a bloat! I agree.
  • anitha ana
    anitha ana
    Thats it..👍
  • Vinodh Reddy
    Vinodh Reddy
    now moto e

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's official! The Xiaomi Mi3 price in India is Rs. 14999 and the makers will start accepting pre-orders for the phone starting July 15. It's expected that the phone will...
The selfie thing is picking up all over the world and I'm wondering whether there are any phones in the market that offer flash for the front camera so that...
For the shutterbugs: Fireworks: https://blog.photobucket.com/sizzle-snap-pop-firework-gifs/ Capture Movement in Nature: https://blog.photobucket.com/12-amazing-nature-gifs/ Who has got the cutest pet? https://www.buzzfeed.com/photobucket/whos-got-the-cutest-pet-lqq1
I have some reservations on the overall efficiency. The gadget requires solid ice to supply the latent heat of fusion for the AC effect. However an interesting concept involving chem...
Sir I completed my be I wss not intrested in doing job but well interested in doing business I was good intrested to keep a small scale industry in mechanical...