Samsung 85" 85S9 Ultra HD TV (4K) Price In India Is Rs. 27 Lakh!

Samsung's 85" beast, the 85S9 Ultra HD TV has been launched in India with a brain-blasting price tag of Rs. 27 lakh only. The display fanatics may recall that the 85S9 Ultra HDTV was announced by Samsung at the Consumer Electronics Show and then demonstrated it at Samsung Forum event in Hyderabad. The TV offers eye-popping 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160); which in plain words is four times the resolution of the brand new full HD (1080p) TV you bought home yesterday.

The TV is the first 4K Ultra HDTV in India and comes with a unique chassis to support the TV. The design is quite unique from Samsung's rivals and integrates massive 120 Watt speaker system (20 W x 2, Woofer 20 W x 2, Center 40 W) inside the frame. The TV is capable of scaling up full HD (1080p) videos to Ultra HD resolutions. The TV also supports conversion of 2D content into 3D for your viewing pleasures. It also comes with Samsung's One Connect solutions to eliminate the web of wires that connect to the TV set.

slideโ€‹

The S85S9 features Smart Evolution kit that allows the user to swap the motherboard with an upgraded version so that the TV remains up-to date on the hardware and firmware fronts. It will also be incredibly useful in offering users with the latest technological advances to offer new features.

On the features side, the TV is already well ahead of its competition. Apart from regular features like built-in camera for video conferencing, face recognition, motion control, voice control etc. the TV offers ConnectShare, Smart Phone As Remote, DLNA AllShare etc. The TV has 4 HDMI ports, 3 USB ports, build-in Wireless LAN, Component & Composite Input ports, 1 IR out, Digital Optical Out and one Audio Mini-Jack out.

The technical awesomeness of the TV is clouded by the price tag Samsung's attached to the TV. We'd like to know your opinion on the price of this TV and general opinion on 4K display technology.

โ€‹
โ€‹
Via: #-Link-Snipped-#โ€‹

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Impressive lead made by electronic Giant Sansung.As all other brands are keen on 1080p 3d LED,Samsung has jumped to a new class of excellence.
    Though the price tag disappoint us the specification feel me happy.
    It brings the theatre experiance to home.
    I think it may lead to new revolution in cinema industry as movie releases may take place through DTH.It curbs the theatre industry revenues.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Impressive video,
    4k display technology, breathtaking !

For me (a mango people in India), I would even think twice-thrice before spending even a lakh on the TV set. However, I am sure Samsung must not be targeting the commoners like me.

They must be targeting uber rich people that will believe only in hype, brand name and quality. With a whopping 27 L price tag, they have already created a hype around it and if they will provide the never before resolution it may be a hit among rich community in India.

Whats do you say?

-CB
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    4k technology is one of the most awaited thing in the world Think about the reality feel a gamer can get especially when you play Battle field or COD ghosts

But the price is in the moon pls bring it down a little by just removing one of the zeros in the no.

Then I am sure I will buy it
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I never liked the screen more than 24", because I love to stay close to the screen.
    I just assume, how awesome it would be if 4K pixels can be obtained in 22" or 24" screen.That would look as if colors are coming out of the screen !

BTW, I would rather buy a property of 27 Lakh & 5 years later, I would sell it in one crore ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The real estate won't be just as pleasing to eyes to look at as the 4K tv.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Rawal
    I never liked the screen more than 24", because I love to stay close to the screen.
    I just assume, how awesome it would be if 4K pixels can be obtained in 22" or 24" screen.That would look as if colors are coming out of the screen !
    Since you wear spec you don't feel reality man โ˜•. Imagine Sitting an inch away from your TV screen and playing a game you love

Man I won't stop if I start to play in such an interface

The TV's image is so real that it replicates what you actually see with your eyees

Imagine seeing a real lion the same experience will be got from a 4k TV
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The real estate won't be just as pleasing to eyes to look at as the 4K tv.
    I don't think, most people will ever need 4K resolution TV & that too 85" !
    The TV got awesome specification & this video seduces to buy this TV.
    But talking as middle-class dude's perspective, Why would I spend 27 Lakh on TV which I hardly watch 10 hours per week ? This is wrong investment.
    I would rather buy something which can give me double of my invested money.

But, For Ultra rich people, Ultra HD TV is ideal choice.
    I think, if 4K pixels somehow gets embed in 24" screen then the cost would be far less & picture quality would be more awesome.
    Personal opinion, just because I dont like too big screens ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    But talking as middle-class dude's perspective, Why would I spend 27 Lakh on TV which I hardly watch 10 hours per week ? This is wrong investment.
    I agree with you abhi, I am sure even Samsung do not consider middle class as their perspective customers for this engineering marvel,

-CB
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    I agree with you abhi, I am sure even Samsung do not consider middle class as their perspective customers for this engineering marvel,

-CB
    Moreover I firmly believe that they are not developing 4K HD TVs aiming for customers at all, it's just to show dominancy in the market.
    Like, If one company launches 4k HD TV, it's rival gotta develop few models for similar type of technology, else they will be thrown out of competition.
    It's like: "Well, if you going for coupe,then I am going for four doors"
  • Gurkirat Singh
    Gurkirat Singh
    well i'd prefer a Mercedes..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Let the rich people by this 4K stuff first. Over time the prices will go down, and the rest of us poor folks can get them ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Let the rich people by this 4K stuff first. Over time the prices will go down, and the rest of us poor folks can get them ๐Ÿ˜
    A better strategy would be to make friends with a rich person or marry one. By the time prices go down; those Japanese would get the 8Ks ready. Technological advancements would always remain inaccessible to us the lesser mortals.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Don't you guys find it amusing that when people mention true color reproduction or vivid images, they are actually talking about special effects (e.g. watching Avatar or playing Call of Duty). In their daily lives, people don't find sunrise or sunset beautiful - and that they are watching with their real eyes. However the same with UltraHD camera, NatGeo adaption or on iPhone homescreen makes them hold their breath. And what do numbers in specification mean when we are talking experience? I'm sure I wasn't counting pixels when I was watching Avatar or Dark Knight - whether in theater or TV! If "closer to reality" is so alluring, why not get real in true sense!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If you guys are opening your mouth wide at the price tag of this engineering marvel for an idiot Box

What will you tell about it's damn future Japan Aiming For 8K TV Broadcasts By 2020

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As a resident of Neyveli I am aware of the situation here .But I want to know what will be the public's view on it as NLC was working in...
Hi all, What happens if the input voltage of the buck converter goes below the output voltage? i.e output voltage is same as the previous? For eg: Iam having Buck...
India's first ever blast, flood, earthquake proof building will be ready by 2014 to protect all your 'AADHAAR' information, reports TOI. The data center being built at Bangalore will host...
Physics is ever-surprising. Check this official physics experiment with Newton beads which seem to defy the gravity. Without searching on the Google - try to explain the phenomenon. โ€‹
The recent entry in the 110cc motorbike segment is with the launch of Centuro by Mahindra & Mahindra group. The two-wheeler portfolio of the company is going to be scaled...