Samay-Sancharak

Project Abstract / Summary : Tremendous growth in digital world has changed human lives today. More and more efficient and effective digital applications initiatives taken by government across globe will make great impact on next generation with experiencing more and more digitization. Current use of the Mobile phones along with novel wearable devises today have demonstrated example of the same. There is a great need to extend various features provided by cell phones and other digital devices for blind persons. To achieve this challenging task we, in this innovative work, propose novel mobile cell phone integrated with wearable watch design which shall act as essential handled devices for blinds that can be used for managing call, SMS, etc. effectively. Proposed SANCHARAK (A Cell phone for blind) and wearable device SAMAY (The Smart Braille enabled wrist watch for blind) are developed after rigorous survey followed by feedback and requirements from large number of blind organizations and are demonstrated with use of buzzer, QWERTY keyboard, ICE calling, alarm facility, GPS location Tracking, battery level indication, network level indication etc. with Braille language support. In addition to regular functions of watch, SMS, Call and other Notifications being displayed on SAMAY with integration of novel technology of SANCHARAK shall make visually impaired person work more efficiently, since both devices communicates with each other remotely and are implemented after incorporating continuous feedback. We strongly believe that use of these smart features will contribute at large in increasing exponentially work-efficiency and help to society at large. Preliminary results are very much encouraging and highly appreciated by intellectuals, various agencies, NGOs, research community, study groups, and prospective users.
For more details on the innovation kindly follow the link mentioned below. This will contain videos, images, detailed report, presentations which will serve for better understanding
#-Link-Snipped-#

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : it was a very sad day for me when i read an article in newspaper stating that a blind lost his cell phone and be goes to nearby police station to launch the problem, the policeman on duty deny of launching the complaint and on other-hand he shouted on blind that if u are a blind then why you use cell phone. here are no cell phone for blinds. he finally included that blind is lying. so me and me team thaught that in this age of technology why cant e have a phone for blind. we visited their workshop in Mumbai to find the problems faced by them and finally designed a cell phone which operates in Braille and solve all the problems faced by them

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: K.j. somaiya college of engineering
City: mumbai
State: maharashtra
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : In the recent decade the communication technology is developed by leaps and bounds.Now a day’s every advertisement is going to be digital. Many companies are...
Project Abstract / Summary : To develop an android application named “Geo-Encryption Lite” that will limit the access (decryption) of information content to specified location and/or times. It will provide...
Like its elder brother the Lumia 535 that could shine temporarily, the Microsoft Lumia 532 (Dual SIM) is here with much aplomb, but we aren't sure if it can keep...
i was just playing with html codes ,i was trying this Html code: <

//submit ButtonC# Code: protected void MySubmitHandler(object sender, EventArgs args) {...
Samsung added yet another smartphone is the galaxy of devices, named Galaxy Grand Max. The recently launched gadget would be exclusively available with India’s well-known online retailer-SnapDeal. According to the...