safe distance between water well boundry and Column footing boundry

Dear Sir.

Im going to start constructing new house. Structural engineer has provided me the drawings for column footing (5'6" x 5'6") at the depth of 6 feet from NGL. But this coloumn footing one side is exactly touches the water well outer diameter.

Is there is any safe distance need to be kept between water well boundry and Column footing boundry?? Please advice

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If it is the usual domestic well with a small (5 to 6 ft) diameter and side walls supported by cement rings or brickwork, it may not matter.
    I am not a civil engineer.
  • JAY CYRIL LONGTON
    JAY CYRIL LONGTON
    Boundaries of column footing should not touch any water body boundaries or deep holes, atleast one feet distance should be there at site.
    Ask your structural engineer to redesign the footing by considering that well's position on the drawing
    Usually, an additional raft beam will be provided between the footings nearby well to avoid the settlement problems

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m in last sem of my btech (MAE). Recently, I have applied for SSC cgl & IES .. Now as an engineer i think i should prepare for IES.....
Google has taken a hint from Windows and released the developer preview of its newest mobile operating system while it’s still under development. The Developer Preview of Android N has...
We all use ad-blocking plug-ins on our browsers to get rid of the pesky ads but what if your browser blocked ads by default? Opera’s desktop browser on Windows has...
Project Abstract / Summary : This paper represents how your PC and Laptop can be controlled from with your T.V remote with the help of Frontend Application. It means the...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract: Normally the city are getting congested due to increase in population and also paying capacity due to which four wheel vehicles are getting more...