SAARC Satellite - General Discussion

After the successful launch of ISRO To Launch PSLV - C23 From SDSC -SHAR, Sriharikota On June 30, PM Narendra Modi has asked ISRO to develop 'SAARC Satellite', a powerful satellite that'd cater to all of the SAARC member countries. I thought of starting a discussion to seek ideas on how would this satellite be, what'd be its capabilities, costs involved and the benefits it can offer to SAARC members.

SAARC members are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.

What say you?

Replies

• Anand Vardhan
    Anand Vardhan
    Seems just a waste of money to me. 😕

India is already sharing disaster management data with over 30 countries and benefits afghanistan and some other countries with telemedicines but our PM says "we should do more".

All about establishing good relations with the neighbours. ☕
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    developing SAARC satellite will be very use full for good communication among these countries afghanistan and india have good sateilite system but rest of the countries they dont have proper communication systems they depend on other country satelllites so by developing saarc satellite communication,water resources,etc can be knoun between these countries the cost of manufacturing of these satellites will be more but by utilising the funds of saarc countries we can overcome the problom
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe India just needs a satellite to keep an eye on the activities of the neighbours 😀
  • Anand Vardhan
    Anand Vardhan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe India just needs a satellite to keep an eye on the activities of the neighbours 😀
    True that. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: The ReWalk Personal System has become the first FDA-cleared wearable, motorized device to aid paraplegics—another first when it comes to what exoskeleton technology is enabling in the medical device...
Hello CEans ! It has been quite a while now that you have got the opportunity to know about your fellow CEan. So here I am, presenting to you an...
Quote: Transformational is a word that gets thrown around a lot. But these startups, leveraging technology and science, are aiming to upend all traditional notions of healthcare, promising to make...
I apologise for the short notice. Saw it just now. Quote: New regulatory efficiency requirements, fluctuating costs of permanent magnets, and the ever present goal of higher performance from a...
All of you who've been waiting for the stickers, here's what you wanted to see! (Click on the thumbnails to open bigger images) These will be dispatched to those who've...