Runtastic VR App For Oculus Rift Offers Scenery Change, Tutorials And More

Need to exercise but feeling bored? Stuck in office during gym hours? No worries. Fitness tracking app developer Runtastic has developed a proof-of-concept software for Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headgear. The software offers a change of scenery for users to help them motivate do a real 7-minute workout and more exercise forms like yoga, running and squats. Needless to say, the app tracks users' fitness activity and provide relevant feedback. The current version, although exciting, is a very primitive version of what Runtastic aims to offer in near future.

Oculus_White

Preloaded locations include a scenic hillside, a villa by the beach, and a virtual black. The software is controlled just by looking at some specific points in the virtual environment, enabling a fully hands-free experience. Exercise tutorials and in-app trainers are also included in the early app version. The tutorials were developed using motion capture techniques generated by Runtastic's professional trainers. Future developments planned include user-controlled, fully customizable surroundings.

Austrian company Runtastic aims to preview this product at the Consumer Electronics Show (6-9 January 2015). The Runtastic app has over 100 million downloads and also have their fitness and sleep tracker smartwatch called Orbit.

Source: Runtastic Uses Oculus Rift To Give Your Real-World Workout A Virtual Kick In The Pants • TechCrunch via Runtastic.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last year on 16th December I joined CrazyEngineers as Business Manager, for taking care all the business development, marketing, promotions, event associations and management and allied activities. I enjoyed every...
In this time I try to search after information about 2 things: 1. the gas flow system in the car and the car exhaust 2. the materials that use in...
Microsoft has unveiled the latest Windows smartphone- Lumia 638 in Indian market. Microsoft Lumia 638 is believed to be the cheapest 4G smartphone in the country. The phone was launched...
Chinese multinational Huawei Technologies Co. Limited globally launched the Huawei Honour T1 tablet. The tablet had already been on the market in Malaysia but its global launch underwent today on...