Run GRE POWERPREP In Windows Vista, Windows 7

It seems that GRE Powerprep software does not automatically run in Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system. If you are facing the problem, you can try this simple trick that does the magic -

1. Install powerprep.
2. Find the program in your start/run menu
3. Right-click on the power-prep icon.
4. Choose 'Run As Administrator'
5. Powerprep runs ๐Ÿ‘

If you are facing problems, please share them in response to this post. We'll be happy to help.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    What is a powerprep software? Is it a software to help study GRE?
  • dsx
    dsx
    I still can't run the Program (GRE PowerPrep II). I have Windows 7 and IE9.

1. I Open it with Run as Administrator
    2. I click on 'Allow Blocked Content'
    3. I click 'Yes' on the ActiveX warning Box
    4. I click On Continue... and nothing loads.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : There's a chance that the installation media is corrupt. Did you download the software from official website? Or did you test the installation on other machine (maybe your friends' ?).
  • davala
    davala
    I have windows 7 and IE 8 and i have downloaded from ETS..... powerprep 2 is not working. ...I followed all the above steps mentioned but unable to load when clicked on continue
  • Sashankg10
    Sashankg10
    You must use Internet Explorer 6 or higher to launch the POWERPREP II software.
    Please re-open POWERPREP II from the Start menu entry or call for assistance.
    NOTE: In addition, you must allow ActiveX on this page in order to continue.

These are the commands that are prompting while following the above protocols... What to do ???
  • Sashankg10
    Sashankg10
    and i am IE9
  • zqhbbb
    zqhbbb
    I got the same issue, is there anybody can solve it now?
    And I am IE10
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Unfortunately, you can't use it with Windows 7 Home Addition so you'll have to find a way to upgrade.
    You can download a program by Microsoft called Windows Virtual PC which allows you to run Windows XP from Windows 7.
  • Gracia
    Gracia
    Hello,

I had the same problem before, but now I have no trouble by following:

1. Open the folder where you have installed the POWERPREP 2,
    e.g I have installed it :

Folder

2. Double click on" Launch(type: Windows Batch File)" , showed above

3. Wait a moment and the" GRE Practice Test Launch Screen" will appear

Good Luck, I hope it will help you.

"Unless you have courage, a courage that keeps you going, always going, no matter what happens, there is no certainty of success."
  • Neophyte Nitol
    Neophyte Nitol
    Thank you so much Gracia.....it fucking helped me a lot....you got me a RELIEF ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜€

**for replying only, I've signed me up ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • sindhura28
    sindhura28
    I've opened GRE powerprepII . it goes till the continue option and doesn't load further. i've allowed the blocked content and also allowed ActiveX. still is doesn't work. further I've also tried opening the launch.bat. it says the file isnt found to open.
    CAn somebody kindly help me regarding this issue. ๐Ÿ˜”[โ€‹IMG]
  • sindhura28
    sindhura28
    I've opened GRE powerprepII . it goes till the continue option and doesn't load further. i've allowed the blocked content and also allowed ActiveX. still is doesn't work. further I've also tried opening the launch.bat. it says the file isnt found to open.
    CAn somebody kindly help me regarding this issue.
  • ArunPutcha
    ArunPutcha
    Thanks A Lot Gracia..!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Saved my day..!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Muna Akheel
    Muna Akheel
    Thank you so much Gracia!! You are an Angel ! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Gauresh7492
    Gauresh7492
    Guys, I also faced the same below problem.
    PROBLEM : I opened GRE powerprepII . it goes till the continue option and doesn't load further.

Solution : You must have installed powerprepII in the non-windows(other than OS) drive.
    Install software and JAVA in the OS drive and then start it normally or as administrator.
    Remember only IE 6 and higher versions are supported.
    Also go to Tools in IE - Internet Options - Advanced - Settings - Security - check all allow active content check boxes.
    It will work ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shreeja.visweswaraiah
    shreeja.visweswaraiah
    for those whom the above solution didnt work.

Go to the installed folder ../ETS/POWERPREPII/
    go to bin folder bin/
    Double-click on the I.bat which is a windows batch file.
  • shea
    shea
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i heard that IT may down in the near future i mean in the coming two years by some analysts i hard this in a tv channel ....well if so...
Good day, I am a fresher from electronics and instrumentation branch and due to appear in noida for the interview of ntpc and I have no idea as to the...
why blind riser are used in casting but we have a option of side or top riser. can blind riser and top riser both used. actually i have to design...
Hi everyone... please share new job openings by sharing the link of advertisement here.
I'm looking for a Staad pro that is compatible for Vista??? thanks.๐Ÿ˜€